Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Need some help. Proline Blazer Wheel Base.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Need some help. Proline Blazer Wheel Base.

Alright iv done some searching and came up with nothing SOLID. I have a Honcho. the WB is 12.3"

I got it used and it came with 2 Shorter links. (about 118-120mm). Also came with the 4 link truss. Nothing else.

Im buying the Proline Blazer body with a WB of 11.2"
http://prolineracing.com/bodies/1980...-1-10-crawler/

The axial LINK set that they sell is for 11.4" wb. Now I dont need to buy the whole kit, just enough to shorten the WB to 11.2". The kit comes with 4 91mm links for the lowers

My main question is has what links should I buy to get an exact fit. I dont want to go too short or too long and have to cut into the body.
iv found post from various sizes but NOTHING from 80mm - the 91mm

ALSO. Would it make a differance if i used AXAIL Rod ends compaired to REVO rod ends or traxxas rod ends???

and what would I have to do to the uper links to match the lowers.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
Alright iv done some searching and came up with nothing SOLID. I have a Honcho. the WB is 12.3"

I got it used and it came with 2 Shorter links. (about 118-120mm). Also came with the 4 link truss. Nothing else.

Im buying the Proline Blazer body with a WB of 11.2"
http://prolineracing.com/bodies/1980...-1-10-crawler/

The axial LINK set that they sell is for 11.4" wb. Now I dont need to buy the whole kit, just enough to shorten the WB to 11.2". The kit comes with 4 91mm links for the lowers

My main question is has what links should I buy to get an exact fit. I dont
want to go too short or too long and have to cut into the body.
iv found post from various sizes but NOTHING from 80mm - the 91mm

ALSO. Would it make a differance if i used AXAIL Rod ends compaired to REVO rod ends or traxxas rod ends???

and what would I have to do to the uper links to match the lowers.

Honestly I doubt you will be able to tell it is 2mm off
RCTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTRUX View Post
Honestly I doubt you will be able to tell it is 2mm off
.2" is a bit more than 2mm bud.

but, dude just make your own links out of delrin rod. slide right over rocks, never scrape up and turn silver, pleanty stong, and you can make any leingth you need. or you can just make some out of alum, SS, or ti lots of options for making some, heck even cut down some longer axial alum. links and rethread.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
.2" is a bit more than 2mm bud.

but, dude just make your own links out of delrin rod. slide right over rocks, never scrape up and turn silver, pleanty stong, and you can make any leingth you need. or you can just make some out of alum, SS, or ti lots of options for making some, heck even cut down some longer axial alum. links and rethread.
Whoops my bad wasn't thinking
RCTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

well i am in the process of the same situation. i have a scx10 with the stock "dingo" links on it. i just got the body & a preliminary fit indicates the it is not tooo bad, although if you are picky (kinda like me) you can tell a difference. i am going to try to "mask" it by moving the dingo flares foward & rearward at each end. with the flare set i think it will be alright. overall i really like the look though - you will be happy. anyways i just thought i would throw my 0.02 cents in. i am going to keep a look on this & see where it goes.

good luck!

p.s. i am new to all this, but i think i am going to try to make my owm links as suggested here. it appears to not be too bad, if you are somewhat mechanically incline....
rc dreemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc dreemer View Post
well i am in the process of the same situation. i have a scx10 with the stock "dingo" links on it. i just got the body & a preliminary fit indicates the it is not tooo bad, although if you are picky (kinda like me) you can tell a difference. i am going to try to "mask" it by moving the dingo flares foward & rearward at each end. with the flare set i think it will be alright. overall i really like the look though - you will be happy. anyways i just thought i would throw my 0.02 cents in. i am going to keep a look on this & see where it goes.

good luck!

p.s. i am new to all this, but i think i am going to try to make my owm links as suggested here. it appears to not be too bad, if you are somewhat mechanically incline....
Hay, thanks for your info for sure! Yeah I dont have the stock dingo links, but im getting the rest of them some time soon. I'v seen the blazers on other trucks but looks to be alot of them just used bent links and that to me looks goofy. I was playing around with the Idea of getting a smaller set and using spacers to make up the differance to reach my 88mm-90mm stretch but thought that wouldnt be good to have a "break" and weak spot in the link its self. I could possibly do my own links, if not there are Machine builders at my work that would gladly cut some aluminum tubbing down and tap them for me. I should have a build thread some tiem soon, just compileing parts at the moment.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

no problem on the thoughts. anyways i am probably going to try to fab my own links up now that i have a "baseline" measurement to use. i don't think it will be real difficult. there is a thread on here (i can't remember where though) that really gives a good breakdown of the procedures & materials. i am still learning this stuff & i do alot ofreading & asking questions. everyone on here for the most part are really good about help. definately take some pics (start thread) when you start the build. as i will try to do as well, although mine is basically built.

good luck!!
rc dreemer is offline   Reply With Quote