Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: AR-1 replacement?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default AR-1 replacement?

Well I replaced my Axial AE-1 with the traxxas XL-5 yesterday and while playing in the mud and rain today it came loose and tangled up in the spur gear pulling the wires in the reciver box letting water in toasting the stock AR1. I know I can swap in the new AR-2 but thought I would see what other people are using. Also would another receiver cut down the truck locking up while under load and turning? Also would like to increase range. What's some good tried and true options out there?
93-12smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Also are there any controllers using rechargeable batteries? I should buy stock in AA's since I wheel at least once a day.
93-12smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

spektrum dx3e is a good controller cheap and 3ch and only uses 4 AAs or for a bit more the the spektrum dx3c wich has 30 model memory or something like that and still a cheap controller both are wireless so no interference

i have the dx3e and its a good controller but has 1 model memory eventually ill be getting a dx3c so i have 1 controller for all cars
nickvb1996 is offline   Reply With Quote