Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: ok now what should i do now cant think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #1

Default ok now what should i do now cant think

Ok well i have a sxx10, i have put on, MIPs, 2.2's, Metal streeing kit, and losi 4'' shocks, i wanted my whell base to be a little bit longer, how can i do that? And well i dont know what its called but where the axle and the thing above the the drive shaft keeps poping out so i have it ziptied on, is there any way to upgrade or fix?

o and im wanting to make it look like a offroad buggy that has the roll cage and just metal plates like on the side and roof., i like the look of them what body should i get or just go with a 2009 jeep body?

Last edited by nickels918; 04-18-2011 at 04:12 PM.
nickels918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

First - pictures often help much more than words can. Second - is this a Dingo or Honcho bodied SCX-10?

The easiest way to extend or shorten your wheelbase is to use longer or shorter links, those are the things that attach the front and rear axle to the frame. Most people will change the rear links as that is where the most change in wheelbase can be made.

As for the body, look at RPP Hobby or other vendors that sell R/C bodies and see what they have and what you like. The bottom line is this, you get the body you like and make it fit your chassis.

It's a great hobby you have chosen and there will always people willing to help out and give advice. Do yourself a favor and use the search button, you will be amazed at how much information you can find with it.

Peace be the journey.
tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #3

its a honco, i want it a little longer on the front so i can climb stuff better and on the back to do the same, i want like .5 of a inch more, my only problem is i want the jeep body and i dont know how it will look.

Ya out of all my hobbies i like this best. its laid back and not so intense as racing my nitros. i used to fly planes a helis then one day i never picked it up idk whythough, Racing my revo or buggy was fun but got to much $$$ so i stoped then i got my crawler as a gift and love it, can play in the house big plus and i live in MO so its woody terian with some rocks, and i got to coloardo every summer, i want summer to come so bad lol.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Honcho is the long wheelbase. I'd say 4 link the rear, remove the shock limiters, get bigger tires and you will be climbing just about anything you see. The stock front bumper can mess with your approach angle, I cut the bottom outside down bars and that helped some. The stock tires are are around 4.2 inches tall, something like the Iroks or Baja Claws or TSL Boggers will give more ground clearance and that will help you climb stuff.

Peace be the journey.
tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #5

well i removed the front bumper, i have 2.2 with proline chisels, and i got losi 4'' shocks. i was looking around and i love the look of the axial wraith, will they sell the body and do you think it will fit?