Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Honcho TR and ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Honcho TR and ESC

I been reading through the different thread about the SCX10 Honcho and power systems.

I am debating about upgrading the ESC and motor. I am currently using 6-cell NiMH batteries which I would like to stick with for a little while. I am looking at either a Tekin FXR and 35t motor, Novak Rooster or Goat 35t, or a CC Sidewinder and 35t.

Is it worth putting these in a Honcho TR, and will the NiMH batteries work ok with them until I upgrade to Lipo? Or is this overkill? I am enjoying the Honcho Stock, but I would like to improve on it.

I will primarily be messing around on trails and rock piles, no comps.

Thanks!
aceisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceisback View Post
I been reading through the different thread about the SCX10 Honcho and power systems.

I am debating about upgrading the ESC and motor. I am currently using 6-cell NiMH batteries which I would like to stick with for a little while. I am looking at either a Tekin FXR and 35t motor, Novak Rooster or Goat 35t, or a CC Sidewinder and 35t.

Is it worth putting these in a Honcho TR, and will the NiMH batteries work ok with them until I upgrade to Lipo? Or is this overkill? I am enjoying the Honcho Stock, but I would like to improve on it.

I will primarily be messing around on trails and rock piles, no comps.

Thanks!
Yes, worth it and will work with nimh and get better with lipo later. Go wtih Tekin or CC...I'm done with Novak long ago.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #3

I would advise against Novak also. Having a lot of problems with the Goat 3s.
strungoutt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I have a Novak havoc 21.5 in my honcho.... Definately worth it and not one issue with it.
Gvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

im running the novak super rooster, waterproofed it, stuck it in a cup of water, turned it on and it runs perfect! and no brakes so good for the trails, and for crawling all you need to do is slightly hit the gas and she acts like a brake itself. so that being said, the super rooster reversable i got for $20 and using the 27T motor that i purchased for dirt cheap from the LHS and she runs awesome on a 8.4v 4500mah nimh no complaints here!
Spiike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Thanks for all the info. I am an RC Heli and airplane guy, so this crawling stuff is all new to me. After much thought and reading, I have decided on the CC Sidewinder and a 35t motor for the Honcho. I already have a castle link, so I think the sidewinder will be a good choice.
aceisback is offline   Reply With Quote