Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: turnigy servos?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default turnigy servos?

well i broke my steering servo. it is going to cost about 60buxs to fix it. so i was looking at the turnigy servos and was wondering how good they really are. the two i have been looking at are the hv-767http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9983. $60 bux but 347oz/in tq and .145 on speed. alot more torque and a bit quicker then my futaba at 191tq and .16 for speed. the other one i was looking at was the mg959http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9983 for 24 buxs. full metal case. only 200 oz/in torque and speed is slower at 2.0, but the metal case is a selling point becuase that is part of what is wrong with my futaba. which costs 40 buxs just for the replacement futuba case. anyone have any experiance with these. i know the hv-767 might be a bit overkill in a honcho. especially at 7.2 v where they claim 430 oz/in
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Id try the first one over the MG. MG's are a gamble.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
TEAM MODERATOR

I've got a box full of broken MG's you might make one good servo out of......

MG959's are a joke IMO. One thing I learned a long time ago, in RC cars, cheap electronics do not cut it. Servo's, ESC's, Batteries, chargers, motors, radio's, receivers..... Most of the time, it actually saves you money to spend more the first time. You end up with allot better product that performs better to. I'm all for saving a few bucks to, some of our vendors offer some great servo's. You might wanna look through the vendors section, check out some of our vendors web sites. You may find one on sale

Oh, 347 oz. of torque isn't overkill.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

A lot of the full-size Turnigy servos are rebranded MKS servos which are pretty good quality. I've used MKS servos in the past on heli's and they work very well.
BennyTRD is offline   Reply With Quote