Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Bent plastic lower link

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Bent plastic lower link

Well I guess I'll be upgrading my 4 link a little sooner than I thought. I'm not sure what I did but one of my rear lower links has a pretty good bend in it. I'm surprised that the plastic took the shape like it did.

Which rod ends should I get? Looks like a lot of people use the traxxas ones, but there was more than one type when I went to LHS. Is it 6-32 threaded rod for them?

I have a wobble in my front wheels too, not sure if it's just tires (or foams) or if I somehow managed to bend the axles or something.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Jato or revo ends,8/32 all thread,1/4"brake line.
csagaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

for links use 1/4" aluminum tubing, 8/32" all thread and traxxas rod ends..

for the tire wobble is your tire bead broken? (rubber squishing out of beadlock ring). that will make the tire wobble, is the lug nut tight??
even when my tires are good and tight and beads are good they still wobble a little bit..
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default Tire wobble

Mine wobble a little too. I suppose I could take a lot of extra time to fart around with them and get them perfect, but not gonna notice it when stuffed under a body.
jammindriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I figured the wobble was from bunched up foams after I weighted the wheels. No big deal, just the looks really. It's not like I'm running down the highway. Everything is tight and I think all the beads are set good.

Thanks for the info on the rod ends I guess I will start gathering parts.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
RCC Addict

ya i dunno... i have no weights in my TSL's right now but i did take out the foams and trim them a bit..
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I must have picked up the wrong end link set. The biggest rod that would fit is 6-32. I'll see what tube I can get but I might end up starting over and use these for a 4 link trailer for my touring car. This is the set the guy said was the right ones. http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_Rod_..._p/tra1942.htm
I'm trying to avoid spending the $50 for the axial kit, but does that kit come with steering linkage also? http://www.axialracing.com/details.php?Id=4020 If all the steering stuff is included that takes the sting out of it a little. I remember seeing a steering kit on a truck that I liked but I've got no idea what it was. It was machined aluminum one piece (IIRC) with a tube drag link.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

its in the locker, i blew mine to pieces today, thats the wheel wobble, as far as the links go, try to get somethin at least 4 mm in diameter, that will be plenty strong, and will take an intense beating
devenaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Once I put the tubing on it beefed it up substantially. I think I'll make my lowers and try them for a while and see how they do before I go all in one way or another.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

never mind, the wheels were loose, i was running spacers and they were slipping on the hex
devenaberger is offline   Reply With Quote