Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Driveshaft/ driveline issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #1

Default Driveshaft/ driveline issues

I have an SCX10 Honcho at the longest wheelbase. My stock driveshaft broke at the dog-ears.
Part of the fun for me, is replacing broke plastic with nicer high end stuff. So I used this opportunity to put in quality CVD shafts. They fit fine, and seem to spin freely, BUT.. The wheels catch every now and then.
I figured this was actually the driveshafts BINDING because of the ridiculous angle the differentials are set at. So I lengthened the upper links and the hitching/ catching/ binding/ whatever, went away.
[BTW, I did grease them]
So my issue now is making my front steering level with the ground. It steers down too far. I thought clockable C-hubs would be the answer. But found that they are total bullshit because the stock, plastic C-hubs are offset on the SCX10 the exact same amount as the clockable ones can give. (WTF Axial??)

I'm really looking for advice on what to do. I keep reading from all these people who claim to be using CVD shafts, and honestly don't see how an SCX10 with stock suspension geometry can possibly accept these and not bind horribly.

I realize the first reaction to this might be thinking that I installed them wrong. Well, I don't think so. Everythings properly greased and the pins are exact, red threadlock on the grubs... Not much to screw up really. And the heads roll freely when off the truck. It doesn't bind now that I have the axles tilted, but what else can I do to make this proper??

Thanks in advance!
TVfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
c-hubs, cvd, driveshaft, scx10