Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: What Motor/ESC combo do you use?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default What Motor/ESC combo do you use?

Gonna be picking up the SCX-10 next week, but I am curious as to what you guys use for a motor/esc combo...

Im not looking for a competition worthy setup, but I do want to improve on whatever the stock electronic package is (Im actually getting the kit, but still...)

Currently I am looking at a Holmes set up, most likely this one (http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...3&cat=4&page=1), but I am curious to see what the majority of you guys are using.

Thanks!
AG74683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
MODERATOR™

We have this thing called a search button, in the upper right. It works brilliantly.

What powers your SCX10?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

This should give you a good idea as to what most are going with. I personally run a Sidewinder with a HH35t Hand wound on 3s in my scaler.

What powers your SCX10?

Never mind, beat me to it.
cencal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
We have this thing called a search button, in the upper right. It works brilliantly.

What powers your SCX10?
Bah, I searched that but didnt see anything. I think the search terms are pretty specific.

Any chance on making that thread a sticky?
Old 08-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
MODERATOR™

For three beers I will.

Actually, seeing how it needs to be referenced a couple times a week, I suppose that makes sense to stick it.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I got the novak goat 3s and love it. No issues get. Running and 90 20 set up
dodgesavageone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

That's the combo I put in my truck recently. Works great. I use a 16T pinion and 3S battery. Pay the $10 for waterproofing if you will be going anywhere near water, now or in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG74683 View Post
Gonna be picking up the SCX-10 next week, but I am curious as to what you guys use for a motor/esc combo...

Im not looking for a competition worthy setup, but I do want to improve on whatever the stock electronic package is (Im actually getting the kit, but still...)

Currently I am looking at a Holmes set up, most likely this one (http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...3&cat=4&page=1), but I am curious to see what the majority of you guys are using.

Thanks!
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
For three beers I will.
Got a few Bud Lights in the fridge, PM me an address and I'll ship em out, might be warm and a little shaken up by the time they get there though

Slaughter, how many turns on the motor did you get? I still cant really understand how many turns you really want when your crawling. I know less turns = faster but is that a bad thing in this situation?

Last edited by AG74683; 08-20-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I got the 35T. 35T is probably the most popular because it is a good balance between wheel speed and low speed crawling torque. Then you can play with pinions and batteries for more or less speed/torque. The 35T with the stock 14T pinion on 3S is the slowest I can personally deal with. I bumped up to a 16T to get some more wheel speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG74683 View Post
Got a few Bud Lights in the fridge, PM me an address and I'll ship em out, might be warm and a little shaken up by the time they get there though

Slaughter, how many turns on the motor did you get? I still cant really understand how many turns you really want when your crawling. I know less turns = faster but is that a bad thing in this situation?
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote