Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: ready for my wraith axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default ready for my wraith axles

Got my scx streched out too 13.75" wheelbase. Just waitin to get my wraith in so I can snag the axles, suspension and the trans to put under and on my scx10 frame. People ask why I'm gutting a wraith and this is why, my son which is almost 4 love rc cars. He can drive mine real good for a 3yr old. So I'm going to put scx10 axles and suspension with a scx10 trans connected too a 65t integy motor out of my ax10 with 14/87 gearing so it won't so fast and it will be purty industuctable at that speed. He always points the wraith out and says I want 1 daddy sooo I thought heck, ill get one, take the parts I want and build him alittle truck he can play with.
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Good plan and the 4 year old son is as good of a reason as any.... My 3 year old drives my Dingo while I drive the Rubiconcho. He always wants to drive over everything including my other RC cars. He is only 3 so I give him a little slack....
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Cool idea but why would you complicate things soooooo much? This isn't a drop in procedure and will require you to run a 3 link panhard bar setup front and rear, to clear the driveshafts. The offset pumpkin puts the driveshaft right where one upper link is located. And why would you even consider putting narrower axles under a wraith?? Do you want to destabilize the rig for your son? Just think about it first because the wraith is perfect for him out of the box. Just change the gearing for him.

And have you kept up on Benders Wroncho thread? Not very good idea unless you are doing it for fun, and have access to free axial parts. There is no performance advantage to installing wraith axles in an scx10. In fact, I would have to argue that they would be a disadvantage in most scx10 swaps.
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Cool idea but why would you complicate things soooooo much? This isn't a drop in procedure and will require you to run a 3 link panhard bar setup front and rear, to clear the driveshafts. The offset pumpkin puts the driveshaft right where one upper link is located. And why would you even consider putting narrower axles under a wraith?? Do you want to destabilize the rig for your son? Just think about it first because the wraith is perfect for him out of the box. Just change the gearing for him.

And have you kept up on Benders Wroncho thread? Not very good idea unless you are doing it for fun, and have access to free axial parts. There is no performance advantage to installing wraith axles in an scx10. In fact, I would have to argue that they would be a disadvantage in most scx10 swaps.
who cares, its a hobby, let him do what he wants with his hobby.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Well I see an advantage with about 1" total wider axles. The axles look a lot nicer. On benders build he just put alittle bend in the link and it was fixed. Does anyone sell a 3 link panhard bar setup for this setup?
Old 09-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I got what you are saying and I would like to compete when mines done so I may just hold off on the swap. I was only going to get him the wraith for both our advantages but I have a few scx frames and a ax frame with the proline tubular he really likes too so I may just save my money and get that up and rollin for him. Thanks
Old 09-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
Moderator Rule Breaker

I think it cool that Mudd is building scx with wraith axles. You can 4 link it front and rear and make it work.The width of the axles will make it stable and they look like dana 60's. Mudd also you can put a stock wraith motor and then dial down the throttle for him and turn it back up for you.

Mudd if you have any questions pm me. I got my wroncho into roller.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

So where are you mounting your front upper links? How about some pics Eric113? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
I think it cool that Mudd is building scx with wraith axles. You can 4 link it front and rear and make it work.The width of the axles will make it stable and they look like dana 60's. Mudd also you can put a stock wraith motor and then dial down the throttle for him and turn it back up for you.

Mudd if you have any questions pm me. I got my wroncho into roller.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

the pic of the 3 link is my scx-10 rig,I was posting it up on benders thread to show you guys you can make an easy 3 link to correct drive shaft offset

zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I have 2 rigs one 1.9 and 1 wraith axled rig.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
So where are you mounting your front upper links? How about some pics Eric113? Thanks
Just like benders. 4 link front. The links are just for mock up.

The info you gave out seems way off.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Like they said to each there own. I just didnt like the 2 angles of the drivelines, mine was like benders at first but, wanted to try something differentthey both work. No info is bad as long as it works right?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I think all id have to do is bend the links over the drive line and it'll work good right?
Old 09-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #14
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddinscx View Post
I think all id have to do is bend the links over the drive line and it'll work good right?
Correct.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Ive got my wroncho build going, but currently waiting on parts? It takes forever to get some things. (back order) !!!
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I'm glad you figured this out muddinscx. Please post up some pics with your progress.

And regarding the Moderator cleaning up this thread,

Everything I said is from experience and can be verified by a simple search. Driveshaft angle was verified in house with my own vehicles. I have two wraiths, one for parts, and three Scx10's in house. If I thought this was a good mod, then I would certainly have completed it. I don't and spoke my opinion regarding the "tech" of the entire process. And "Torque Twist" is nothing new and something that all of us with a comp shafty background have fought vigorously to control.

If you want any info that was deleted here by the mod, then PM me. I am full of fact and knowledge because I am absolutely R/C obsessed and have been since 1984. I have 4 years of R/C Crawler experience and spend a lot of time here sharing with others.

Good luck Muddin

Last edited by Rig Rocker; 09-21-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Well judging by pics it looks like it works and guys are liking the swap. Bring on the wraith diffs!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddinscx View Post
Hello,

bending is a "bit" difficult with the SCX geometrie. But a upper link "lift kit"
could be the solution. I'm working on that.

Greetings Frank
Dr.Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Eric you need to swap the trans to the other side. Unbolt the skid plate and turn it 180. Your axles will line up better.
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Does someone have all the parts on a link for these axles.

thanks
1beatjeep is online now   Reply With Quote