Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX10 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default SCX10 build

what do you guys think? What is the essential first upgrade for the SCX10? I'm thinking of doing a scale body over the winter. Something with a full interior maybe. I also have aspirations to build a snow plow for the truck.

http://www.rcsoup.com/2011/09/axial-scx10-kit-build/
godofcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

the "what's the first upgrade" question has been asked A TON of times... search and you shall be rewarded

but when going with the kit that you have to put together, you eliminate a few things right away. the kit comes with aluminum links, so you don't have to worry about buying or making some. you have to supply your own electronics, so you don't have to worry about staying compatible with the stock Axial electronics

about the only thing I might recommend upgrading in the kit would be drive shafts, and maybe the tans gears if you plan on running a real high turn torquey motor and tires larger than 1.9s. but if you just plan on running a 35t or 45t and staying with 1.9s, you could probably leave the trans alone and be fine. if you plan on running it hard, you might want to look into aluminum knuckles and c-hubs as well
iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote