Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Wraith Transmission Into SCX10?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Wraith Transmission Into SCX10?

I've heard that there are many similarities between the Wraith and SCX10/AX10 transmissions. I have no interest in using the optional Dig unit for my Wraith, as I want to keep it more of a crawler/basher (Keeping it stock other than 55T motor, and will most likely put on 2.2 RC4WD Boggers)

I would like to however, convert my SCX10 into a 2/4WD shift-able rig for scale purposes. If the Wraith trans bolts right into the SCX10 and vise/versa, I would like to make the Wraith just a fixed 4WD Crawler, and make the SCX10 a 2/4WD rig that is shift-able from my traxxas TQ4 5 channel controller. Anyone know about the compatibility?

NFA Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The transmission is identical internally, other than the longer output and housing. The bolt pattern on the bottom is the same. There's always the option to buy a dig unit for the ax/scx10 transmission. I'm not sure what the current availability of the Wraith dig units are.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

yup, bolts right in

the difference is only in the one side's output length (and the steel drilled-through outputs of coarse)

iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Inc View Post
The transmission is identical internally, other than the longer output and housing. The bolt pattern on the bottom is the same. There's always the option to buy a dig unit for the ax/scx10 transmission. I'm not sure what the current availability of the Wraith dig units are.
Was going to order the VP dig, but it is only available for the old style set screw outputs, which I converted from long ago. That was my plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
yup, bolts right in

the difference is only in the one side's output length (and the steel drilled-through outputs of coarse)

I already have the through pin outputs and inputs on the SCX10, so that would not be an issue. Looks like this is the way to go for me! Looks like late dec. for availability on the Wraith Dig Unit. Thanks Bleeder for the pics!
NFA Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #5

Default Re: Wraith Transmission Into SCX10?

With the wraith tranny does it move your drive line to the cent cause i ahve axle walk on my wroncho cause i cant mount my "outter" not sure upper or lower links to the insdie of the rail cause of the drive line
wreep19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

They are the exact same transmission except wraith top slipper shaft is oriented out the opposite side. If you pop the cases apart and flip the shaft out of the other side you will have an scx10 trans exactly.
Reaxion911 is offline   Reply With Quote