Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Broken SCX-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #1

Default Broken SCX-10

Hello all I was helping my son "waterproof" he's Axial SCX10. We took apart the receiver
box and sprayed the radio receiver with spray on plastic dip.We tried to be careful and not
touch the board to discharge static electricity. We also sprayed the front servo as well, we didnt take anything
apart on servo just spray the outside with plastic dip.

We put the truck back together and the radio is not working. We tried to resync
the radio and receiver but its not working. Currently the radio has strong grenn light, we
did replace with it fresh batteries. The esc has a constant flashing red light as soon
as you turn on truck. Is there any other troubleshoot tips anyone can provide ? If the
receiver is damaged can you replace with another brand without buying a new remote ?

Thanks in advance
Derek
dasmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Broken SCX-10

StArt with checking the plugs going to the receiver make sure the servo and esc are in the correct spots

On the recciver I would of used a balloon to waterproof it instead of that plastic stuff just close the end of the balloon with zipties nice and tight

Also turn your radio on and then the esc wait a few seconds befor pulling the trigger or moving the wheels let the radio link to the recover and esc first
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
StArt with checking the plugs going to the receiver make sure the servo and esc are in the correct spots

On the recciver I would of used a balloon to waterproof it instead of that plastic stuff just close the end of the balloon with zipties nice and tight

Also turn your radio on and then the esc wait a few seconds befor pulling the trigger or moving the wheels let the radio link to the recover and esc first
Thanks for suggestions.

I double checked the plugs and everything looks good. We never unplugged the servo, esc or radio receiver. I just covered the truck in paper towels and sprayed plastic dip.

The esc still flashes red and doesn't respond to remote.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Try this out. I had issues with my stock radio and receiver acting up lately. Everything was working fine then the radio mysteriously wouldn't bind to the receiver the next day. All my connections were good and I was getting the correct lights blinking. Took apart the RADIO and found a microchip inside that was just barely disconnected. Since its not a soldered on part, it probably came loose from banging/dropping the radio.

I would just verify this to rule radio out if you've already confirmed everything else is good.
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Save the headache and pick up a Flysky GT3B. 35 bucks and its a solid radio. Extra receivers are 7...not a big deal if one gets wet and dies (not only that but its super small and pretty water resistant already)
AG74683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG74683 View Post
Save the headache and pick up a Flysky GT3B. 35 bucks and its a solid radio. Extra receivers are 7...not a big deal if one gets wet and dies (not only that but its super small and pretty water resistant already)
Sounds like a great little radio. Thanks
Old 01-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkolator View Post
Try this out. I had issues with my stock radio and receiver acting up lately. Everything was working fine then the radio mysteriously wouldn't bind to the receiver the next day. All my connections were good and I was getting the correct lights blinking. Took apart the RADIO and found a microchip inside that was just barely disconnected. Since its not a soldered on part, it probably came loose from banging/dropping the radio.

I would just verify this to rule radio out if you've already confirmed everything else is good.
I will give this a try.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmay View Post
Sounds like a great little radio. Thanks
It's an awesome radio!! More than you will ever need.
ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG74683 View Post
Who sells it for only $35? That's a good deal! I only see it for $55 :(
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkolator View Post
Who sells it for only $35? That's a good deal! I only see it for $55 :(
You have a PM
OfnaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Broken SCX-10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Convert a SCX-kit or SCX-TR into Honcho w/ part #s neoakaj Axial SCX-10 0 12-23-2009 09:32 PM