Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Upgraded Shocks For Axial SCX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #1

Default Upgraded Shocks For Axial SCX10

Im looking for some good shocks for my axial Scx10. I want them to be as long or a lil longer than the stock ones. Let me know what you guys are running! Thanks!
BIGMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Upgraded Shocks For Axial SCX10

My son uses Wraith / XR10 shocks on his Honcho, the funny thing is I use SCX10 shocks on my XR10.
OKJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Proline Powerstrokes for the Slash

Fronts are about 88MM
Rears are about 104mm
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMAX View Post
Im looking for some good shocks for my axial Scx10. I want them to be as long or a lil longer than the stock ones. Let me know what you guys are running! Thanks!
Are you looking for the same travel or overall length? The Pro-Line scaler shocks come with 2 different ends to add 5mm of overall length, but they have about 1/4' less travel

Try some 4" HPI shocks, best I've ever used but they are pricey
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Traxxas Alum. Big Bores - 4" in size
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Pro-Line 6060's here.
ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #7

Got Proline Powerstrokes for the Slash - Front for my front and rear.
asae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #8

Thanks guys for the feedback! What about the rc4wd shocks with the internal springs? Are they any good?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #9

I just installed a set of RC4wd 100mm white scale shocks on my Honcho. They look great, but right out of the box they don't perform as well as stock. If you search around on the forum you'll find different tips on how to increase there performance. Also the 100mm shocks are pretty much the same length as stock.

Last edited by Chad_Crawler; 02-13-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Chad_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

IIRC stock length is 90mm extended, eye to eye
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I've heard RC4WD measures their shocks end to end not eye to eye. Can't confirm it but I know I read at least two different people saying that.
Mutant_Xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #12

Sick Rig man! Thanks for the heads up. Ill see if i can find some of those posts on how to make them perform better! Thanks!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

These are the shocks you should get! Play in 720p.
SCX10Crazy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Great video edit and soundtrack! ...but please make another one "on the rocks"!!! You've got creative skills, want to see more. Pillows and cartoons were too distracting for me. 10+ points for creative camera angles and editing.
sixtyspokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Thanks! Will do. Time to get this thing dirty!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Oops, errr sorry for getting distracted. Early alzheimer's i guess... What I forgot to say was Rc4wd seem very scale looking, powerstrokes are quality performers, haven't tried any of the Gmade or HR shocks. Probably most important aspect with any shock is maintenance. And since we're on a scaler rigs thread, it's scale appearance.
sixtyspokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

gmade shocks piggy back are nice too
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCX10Crazy! View Post
These are the shocks you should get! Play in 720p.
I have those HR shocks on my honcho too. They leak crazy. If I use two rubber rings per shock, it stuck. If use only one, too bouncy...

Could you share with me how your set them up?
Gregorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Yes I'd love to share my setup. So I beleive and I could be wrong here... that these shocks should not have any oil in them except for a quick once over on the shaft. Well at least mine don't and they work fantastic. So the way I have mine set up...they come with three different springs, soft, medium and hard. I use the hard ones in the front because of the weight of the 3S 5000 MaH battery and receiver, speed controller, CC BEC. The rear shocks use the medium springs. Just put some oil on the shaft and compress up and down three times. The shafts only need to be coated on the outside so it has a thin layer. This thin layer of oil will simply carry up into the shock one compressed. That's all it needs. The inside of the shocks only contain the spring and no oil. When the car sits for a long time, compress the shocks up and down 4 or five times and it will be smooth again. Only use 1 seal or the way they came. If after you loosen up the shock by pressing up and down it's still rides rough, just apply a small amount of oil to the outside of the shock shaft and press up and down again. This just means that the shock got possibly dirty or ran through some water the last time you took it out. Another trick is to loosen or unscrew the shock cap just a little to get it to slide better (allows it to breath some as these are really air shocks w/ springs). That's about it. But Yes, these shocks would definitely leak if you put oil in them as the seals are not meant to hold oil inside of them. These shocks are meant to be scale shocks and hence the springs on the inside do their job good without oil. The thick pistons make these these shocks look great on a scaler and to me they perform really great. I've been using them for 6 months and they compress very well and toll side to side just as good as the stock ones that came with the truck. They just look better IMO. If looking for oure performance they will not be better than real oil filled shocks. But to me, they are really close and the maintenance is really simple on these shocks just because there's just not much to them. It's just a spring on the inside. Others on this forum have had major issues with these shocks. I have had the best experience with them and wold but them again. I have had no regrets so if you like the looks give them another shot! They are only $40 (for 4 of them). You can always sell them on CL for $30 because they are a good looking shock.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCX10Crazy! View Post
Yes I'd love to share my setup. So I beleive and I could be wrong here... that these shocks should not have any oil in them except for a quick once over on the shaft. Well at least mine don't and they work fantastic. So the way I have mine set up...they come with three different springs, soft, medium and hard. I use the hard ones in the front because of the weight of the 3S 5000 MaH battery and receiver, speed controller, CC BEC. The rear shocks use the medium springs. Just put some oil on the shaft and compress up and down three times. The shafts only need to be coated on the outside so it has a thin layer. This thin layer of oil will simply carry up into the shock one compressed. That's all it needs. The inside of the shocks only contain the spring and no oil. When the car sits for a long time, compress the shocks up and down 4 or five times and it will be smooth again. Only use 1 seal or the way they came. If after you loosen up the shock by pressing up and down it's still rides rough, just apply a small amount of oil to the outside of the shock shaft and press up and down again. This just means that the shock got possibly dirty or ran through some water the last time you took it out. Another trick is to loosen or unscrew the shock cap just a little to get it to slide better (allows it to breath some as these are really air shocks w/ springs). That's about it. But Yes, these shocks would definitely leak if you put oil in them as the seals are not meant to hold oil inside of them. These shocks are meant to be scale shocks and hence the springs on the inside do their job good without oil. The thick pistons make these these shocks look great on a scaler and to me they perform really great. I've been using them for 6 months and they compress very well and toll side to side just as good as the stock ones that came with the truck. They just look better IMO. If looking for oure performance they will not be better than real oil filled shocks. But to me, they are really close and the maintenance is really simple on these shocks just because there's just not much to them. It's just a spring on the inside. Others on this forum have had major issues with these shocks. I have had the best experience with them and wold but them again. I have had no regrets so if you like the looks give them another shot! They are only $40 (for 4 of them). You can always sell them on CL for $30 because they are a good looking shock.
Thanks for your help I used to run them without oil and just feel them too bouncy which worsen the torque twist - the body tends to lean to one side while accelerating.. But I will definitely play with it because I like the looks.

Sorry BIGMAX I didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Gregorius is offline   Reply With Quote