Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Traxxas 4 channel for winch and plow turning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #1

Default Traxxas 4 channel for winch and plow turning

Hey guys, I got a Traxxas 4 channel radio from the Summit. My initial idea was to put it on my scx10. I would put a momentary 3 position switch on the 3rd channel for my winch for in/ out and stop. Now on the 4th channel 3 position system I was wanting a similar setup for my snow plow. I would want it to do left/right and straight so again a 3 position switch like is currently equipped on the TX. I have read a forum where a guy states you can not do it on the new 2.4ghz system. He is saying you cant get it to do that. I guess this is my question. Can you change the wiring for that switch to do what I need it to do or how are some of you guys running a winch, dig, four wheel steer or all wheel steer and any other function and using what radios? Basically I need a 4 channel radio with two 3 position switch channels. Please help. I know I see a lot of scale trucks and comp trucks with 4wheel steer and winches.

Thanks

Kyle

Last edited by Avyman92; 02-18-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added more information
Avyman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Traxxas 4 channel for winch and plow turning

I had the same problem at first, but when I called traxxas up they said that you have to change the wiring. Once i did this I was able to use the 3 postition swith to control my winch. I can't remember what wires I swiched, but I'm sure if u cal traxxas up and tell them what you want to do, they can tell you how to wire it up. Hope this helps!
raiders32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #3

Default Re: Traxxas 4 channel for winch and plow turning

I should have been more clear. I can set the 3rd channel part on the grip fine, i have a modded 3 channel now that I can do to the 4 channel. It is just that 4th channel by the steering knob that I am not sure about. It is a 3 position switch but it is made to do 4 and 5 channels on a summit when I need it to do only the 4th channel but do a left/right and neutral for the servo to control my plows angle. Thanks and hope more information helps
Avyman92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Traxxas 4 channel for winch and plow turning - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
winch using Traxxas 4 channel rx? brios86 Electronics 2 06-16-2011 09:54 AM
4wheeler with plow or plow for truck thumper68 Chit Chat 11 10-17-2010 07:18 PM
thread for turning servo into winch jon1197 Newbie General 2 12-14-2009 11:22 AM