Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New Tires for the Honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #1

Default New Tires for the Honcho

Hey everyone just trying to ge some input on some tires for my honcho. I have had the 1.9 Flat Irons for about a year now and now i want some new kicks. Im torn between the 1.9 TSL SX Super Swampers or the 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast. Im leaning more towards the Rock Beast but i would still like some input on what you guys think between the 2.

thanks everyone
FuzzyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New Tires for the Honcho

I don't have the Pit Bulls, but I do have the Swampers. The Swampers like to grab onto damn near anything they're in line with, they cling to rocks good and they rock in loose dirt. Only problems I've found with them is they pack with dirt occasionally but clear out fast. Other thing is they have soft sidewalls, and if your truck is a pig, like mine, it looks like your running with flat tires instead of aired down ones.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
RCC Addict

What kind of terrain do you run? How heavy is your rig?
I have Pit Bulls and their grip is fantastic but the foams are a little soft for a heavier rig. Changing foams isn't a big deal but I hate breaking down beadlocks any more than I have to. You see Pit Bulls on quite a few scale comp rigs, they seem to be the tire of choice right now.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

not to be an asshole, but really, just search for this topic. This exact same thing has been discussed endlessly.
AG74683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
What kind of terrain do you run? How heavy is your rig?
I have Pit Bulls and their grip is fantastic but the foams are a little soft for a heavier rig. Changing foams isn't a big deal but I hate breaking down beadlocks any more than I have to. You see Pit Bulls on quite a few scale comp rigs, they seem to be the tire of choice right now.
I run mostly is dirt and rocks (not a geologist so I don't know the exact type of rock lol), kinda like a sandstone or something similar. My truck weighs 8 lbs or so rtr with the battery. The part I said about the Swampers clogging with dirt is when it's wet or damp, dry dirt it just goes through like nothing is there.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote

New Tires for the Honcho - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want bigger tires for you honcho Full Penetration Fab. Axial SCX-10 0 03-03-2011 01:42 PM
honcho tires discgolferlee Tires and Wheels 5 12-18-2010 11:27 AM
tires for honcho joshlindt Newbie General 5 05-28-2010 06:52 PM