Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Gmade TS01 air shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Gmade TS01 air shocks

I just installed a set of Gmade TS01 air shocks, and I must say I'm very disappointed. At first I put them on with the soft springs at all four corners. They are fine in the rear, but up front they were so soft that the weight of the battery ( stock location) almost fully compressed them and the steering arm was getting caught on the cross member not allowing me to turn. So I swapped the front springs out for the harder ones..... Problem solved right? Nope. The front springs are so stiff that the front doesn't flex at all. I'll probly put the hard springs in the rear and use this truck for my tow rig. I've got another scx10 coming from another member, should be here next week.

I posted this just to inform people of how these shocks are, and to avoid them if you are planning on actually crawling with your truck. I should have spent the extra 20 bucks and got the proline power strokes
Superbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Gmade TS01 air shocks

Thanks for the PSA the TS-02s arent much better in my opinion. Too much friction for my liking. but some say they are more realistic by the way they handle. While i like scalers i also want my truck to perform...

Thanks again
a2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

No problem, if I can help someone avoid making the same mistake I did, I'm happy to do it.

With the stock honcho body off, hard springs in front, soft in the rear it sits level. I put the body on, and just the weight of the body and spare tire make the back sag. It sits like a pre runner lol. Not a bad look, just not what I'm going for with my crawler
Superbeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Gmade TS01 air shocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gmade air wheels krazycrawler888 Tires and Wheels 3 05-02-2011 08:35 AM
Gmade Air System .. CERO G-Made Crawlers 0 10-15-2010 01:11 PM
2.2 Gmade G-air system???? oxyjansen Tires and Wheels 5 02-13-2009 08:13 AM