Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New guy with with a honcho "thumbsup"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #1

Default New guy with with a honcho "thumbsup"

Hey guys,
My name is Evan. I have been doing the 1:1 wheeling thing for a while now, and love it! Its pretty expensive and I don't get to do it as much as I would really like, so I picked up a scx-10 honcho about 2 weeks ago now after doing my research and deciding it was the best bang for the buck out there for a scale crawler. This forum was my deciding factor in pulling the trigger and ordering it! Soo much knowledge and awesome builds on here! Anyways, I have always been a Jeep guy, so when I found out there was a 92 Cherokee body available, I ordered both my honcho and cherokee body on the spot, lol! I have had a few 1:1 cherokees and grand cherokees in my days, and here are the two of mine that I am drawing my inspriation from while I build up my 1:10.

Played with it as much as i could before the need to change bodies and make it look more scale to me.....honcho it very cool and scale, but still looks too much like a toy, and well like I said, I am into jeeps, not toyotas, lol! Although I have been known to hang with yota guys more often than not

And this is it as of tonight, put the Jeep body on and some 1.9 Super Swampers with axial beadlocks. Spent a little time making the front bumper fit tight against the body....I need to redo the mounts in something a little more permanent, but they are going to work for now.....

So here I am and here is my crawler. I am more of a lurker, and enjoy learning all I can from you guys, but I am going to post a build thread for my rig in the 1.9 section, and will update it as I go and will try to share some things that maybe will help someone else down the road. See you around
BigBlackZj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New guy with with a honcho "thumbsup"

nice rig looks good. i just started getting into the hobby too. I have always owned a jeep. I currently have two cherokees and a 58 cj-3a
FATALLYILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the hobby
Dr.Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
Jus
I wanna be Dave

You're off to a good start.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #5

Everything I have done to it so far I have picked up from this forum. These crawlers are addicting! I have a hard time setting it down sometimes, haha! I am still running some super tired Nicad 2400mah batteries so I do have to let it sit while charging. Will be ordering some Gens Ace 5000mah 40c lipos and a charger when I get payed monday to rememdy that. Thanks for the compliments, I am not as happy with the body as I could be, being the first one I have done, but I learned a lot about what I can do better on the next body, and I am not afraid to go out and bash this one!
BigBlackZj is offline   Reply With Quote

New guy with with a honcho "thumbsup" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mayhem Engineering beadlocks "thumbsup" iwantoffroad Tires and Wheels 11 03-25-2008 04:43 PM