Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: need some help here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #1

Wink need some help here

whats up everyone i have a lil bit of a problem with my scx10 i have a clod buster body on it 1/10 scale but i cant get the wheels to line up with the body i bought links today for them but there still really long.
Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: need some help here

So uhh you can make shorter links.... all you need is allthread (threaded rod) some sleeving that fits over it and some end links... prwtty easy stuff. One of the easiest DIY projects you can do.. theres a how to build your links thread in the how to section if im not mistaken.

Heres one of my build threads with a how to on custom links. Post #5

KC's commemorative build (ACTION PICS!)
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

What links did you buy?That body has a shorter wheelbase than stock scx10 so you'll need to take measurements for custom links.Then make some links or buy Vanquish titanium links that are available in different sizes.
TNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I wouldn't do either.. yet. Or buy anything else.. but more info would help..
Are you long on front an rear? How longs really long? You could start by making the rear lowers high clearance links with a bend, that will shorten some.. then cut off the long end at the chassis to desired length. Don't cut too much, a little at a time is all it takes. If It's not much, Tou can cut a 1/8" off ur link ends, that will give you a 1/4" total.. and easier to cut. If you cut too much, use a spacer or get some venom creeper link ends an cut them to fit.. the other ways are useful if you don't have aluminum links yet. But since you have them already, its a easy mod.. assuming you have a dremel or something to cut/grind with.. my .02 on it.. I used ax-10 links for my scx an I run a xj body, its the route I went.. hope it helps.. lots of good options mentioned above as well.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

A picture is worth a thousand posts...
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #6

well i tryed some new things i just got the kit from axail and i cut and made some links out of that the rear is short and the front is long i used the 98mm on the front and more less cut and made my own for the back if i knew how to post pics i would. Im a big chevy fan and i built mud trucks for a while then i spent way to much money on one truck that just could not handle what i was throwin at it and a few of my buddys have crawlers and EMaxx's and short course trucks so i got into crawling. im new ya i know it took me 3 hours to figure out how to make the rear links for this thing but i got it done. ill post pics i just need to know how to do it
Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Photobucket... If using a smart phone, download snapbucket.. from photobucket click menu an click on view links, click the bottom link an It will copy it.. move over to ur post ur making in ur thread, click, or long press an paste.. Bam, done... It's a little tricky at first but then ya get the hang of it..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote