Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: factory rubi.. gearing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
4-D
Rock Stacker

Default factory rubi.. gearing

Hi ,

I think it is factory bought it used like new..

It is way fast in reverse is all like this..??

crawling forward is nice but it is hard to control sometimes in reverse in a tuff spot
4-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
4-D
Rock Stacker

Default Re: factory rubi.. gearing

several lookers..... come on give me some info..why is the gearing that high in reverse..it can be controlled i know ..but it would be nice in a situation where you need to use reverse very quickly and can get on the trigger just a very very very tad more and not have it torque up like it does and ????..trust me i am not jumping on it.... seems like the gear ratio is reversed to me you may need a little more forward torque and wheel speed to help with some situations than in reverse
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I use a Castle Creations USB link and program mine so it only has 60% rear throttle. I agree it is a pain being quick in reverse in a tight spot.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Try swapping motor leads and reversing your throttle channel.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
Scale Detail Engineering

Is it just too fast in reverse or is it faster in reverse than forward?

If it's faster in revers than it is going forward, you need to either switch your motor wires or if you can, reverse the throttle on your radio or esc.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
4-D
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Is it just too fast in reverse or is it faster in reverse than forward?

If it's faster in revers than it is going forward, you need to either switch your motor wires or if you can, reverse the throttle on your radio or esc.
It is way........way faster in reverse like a scalded dog fast

my radio is pull forward push reverse like my others ..i like it that way ???

Motor wires switch ??? postive negative no ??????
Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #7
4-D
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
I use a Castle Creations USB link and program mine so it only has 60% rear throttle. I agree it is a pain being quick in reverse in a tight spot.
no kiddin it is
Old 04-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
4-D
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
Try swapping motor leads and reversing your throttle channel.
swap leads ???? i dont have it front of me know...it tinkh i have 2 positve neagative ???

i forgo to mention to you guys it think it is the stock 27 t

reversing the throttle channel ..pull forward ..push back is what i have going on ..is that what you are talking about ??
Old 04-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
RCC Addict

its not a good idea to swap polarity on a brushed motor. It sounds like you have a programming issue.

http://docs.axialracing.com/instruct...01-ae2-esc.pdf

Give this a try and recalibrate your ESC
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
4-D
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsawacs View Post
its not a good idea to swap polarity on a brushed motor. It sounds like you have a programming issue.

http://docs.axialracing.com/instruct...01-ae2-esc.pdf

Give this a try and recalibrate your ESC

k ...just for future info i dindt think you could swap polarity on a brushed or other for that matter..they way it sounds you can do it on a brushless ??

if so why would you ??? benifit ???
Old 04-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

someone can correct me....although it's not "ideal", I'm pretty sure it's safe to reverse the polarity of a brushed motor set at 0* timing. also pretty sure it's safe to reverse polarity on an unsensored brushless motor as well. many people do it all the time accidentally or purposefully for various reasons, sometimes to help with torque twist. reversing polarity would mainly refer to switching around the wires on the motor leads. if it's switched, most likely your radio's throttle reverse switch will be flipped on as well.

to help diagnose, it's a good idea just to to reset everything since it's an easy task -- reset your ESC using the directions in the above link, then make sure your radio's throttle switch is not reversed, then reconnect your motor so that it goes forward w/forward on radio. that's pretty much it.

BTW, this is assuming you're using a stock Axial radio, not an aftermarket with all the adjustments.
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #12
Jus
I wanna be Dave

If the brushed motor is timed at 0 it doesn't care which direction is forward. That's the way i understand it. But when it comes to the ESC, you want forward on the esc to be forward for the motor.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #13
4-D
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkolator View Post
someone can correct me....although it's not "ideal", I'm pretty sure it's safe to reverse the polarity of a brushed motor set at 0* timing. also pretty sure it's safe to reverse polarity on an unsensored brushless motor as well. many people do it all the time accidentally or purposefully for various reasons, sometimes to help with torque twist. reversing polarity would mainly refer to switching around the wires on the motor leads. if it's switched, most likely your radio's throttle reverse switch will be flipped on as well.

to help diagnose, it's a good idea just to to reset everything since it's an easy task -- reset your ESC using the directions in the above link, then make sure your radio's throttle switch is not reversed, then reconnect your motor so that it goes forward w/forward on radio. that's pretty much it.

BTW, this is assuming you're using a stock Axial radio, not an aftermarket with all the adjustments.
it is stock and i will do what everyone has said.. i do understand the torque..man there is alot to figure out with these but that is what makes it fun
Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Ok, I read through this and it sounds like you should pull it apart and start from scratch.

First - put the radio back to stock. You will pull the trigger to go forward.
2 - plug the ESC into channel 2 and calibrate the ESC (search for calibration process)
3 - hook the motor up correctly to the esc so it's matching colors (the JK has a standard direction tranny, so it's wired regular)
4 - check that the truck goes forward and you see green light on ESC for forward and red for reverse. If it's switched, then you need to swap the channel direction on the radio. This should be resolved in step 2 though.

Lastly, you may need to set the reverse power lower with a castle link. The other thing is it comes with a pretty fast motor and you may need to just get the feel for the radio.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #15
4-D
Rock Stacker

Thank you all for the replies have not had a chance to check it out Been real busy at my Archery Pro Shop
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #16
4-D
Rock Stacker

Thanks to all for the help..got some time today ..done the easy first as some suggested switched the bullet leads and changed the radio up and it works fine

much better now thanks

factory rubi.. gearing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Rubi thunder7845 2.2 Scale Rigs 1 09-09-2009 09:03 PM
My CR-01 Rubi metalry101 Tamiya CR-01 17 05-10-2009 10:15 PM
The Rubi ProAmLTR#81 HPI Wheely King 6 07-04-2008 07:48 PM
Red Rubi mspohn 2.2 Scale Rigs 20 04-17-2008 11:25 PM
Hardtop Rubi??? 90DEGREES Chit Chat 3 01-30-2006 07:28 PM