Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Project box size

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Project box size

Ive seen a few of you, Bender comes to mind, that used Project Boxes from Radio Shack to house your electronics in a saddle configuration. Any one remember what size they used? I was hoping to pick some up on my way home from work. Might have to wait till tomorrow when I can measure.

Thanks

Sean
Soundlzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Project box size

I am using the 3x2x1 and 4x2x1 project boxes.

Radio Shack Catalog Numbers:

270-1801 -- 3x2x1
270-1802 -- 4x2x1
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks! I might get those too. That way if I need more space for one I've got it!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

i think mine are the 4x2x1 size. fits everything pretty good inside, but was a tight fit. Driver's side: Power toggle switch, Axial AE-2 ESC and CC BEC. Passenger side: Lights toggle switch, Flysky RX, Axial light controller, wireless winch controller. Going to be changing things up soon after I finish my styrene interior since I'll be ditching the toggle switches as well as the winch controller. One tip I got with regards to project boxes - servo extension wires. This way you can leave a pigtail coming out of box instead of the actual wire going to whatever it is you're powering

Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks for that tip! I've realized that my excitement to get this done today, I am not ready at all. I have no wire extensions, sealant or the needed drill bit. Being that I want to trail this weekend, I am just going to ballon everything up this evening and leave this for another week.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

take your time. nothing major needed to install them. servo tape or velcro to mount them (if you have flat spots). hole on mine is rectangular, cut with utility knife. sealant used is liquid electrical tape over zip-tied wires. only thing special i used is a torch to heat up a flat-head screwdriver to remove some screw-peg material from the inside of the box.
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Awesome idea with the square cut out and the zip tie grommets! I've been trying to figure that out most of my afternoon! I wanted a way to seal it off without creating a complete mess if I wanted to add or change something later. Your extension lead idea also lends itself nicely too that model.

Project box size - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin in project box?? CHOPPERMECH11 Electronics 4 11-19-2012 02:10 AM
High Lift Steering Box - spline size? sweli General Scale Talk 6 02-25-2012 07:28 PM
starter box motor 550 size? thomass14 Electronics 3 06-21-2011 07:20 AM