Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: D-i-ngo! D-i-ngo!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default D-i-ngo! D-i-ngo!

Hey guys...got my bday present in the mail yesterday...

Axial SCX10 Dingo kit!

This is my second kit build and 1st Scaler build..Ive been eyeing them for a year now and couldnt really decide wat I wanted...talked to a friend and figured this would be a great start for me..Ive been researching threads and youtube on the SCX10 and found alot of good info.

I ordered sum scale items as well to complete the look. The theme I want to go for is something like Border Patrol/offroad park ranger vehicle lol...I have a full Wraith interior with seats that I want to fit into the Dingo body to have a "full" interior...Im sure alot of you have already done that so any help would be appreciated.

I have a 3300kv brushless system and a 3800kv system I can use, as well as a Savox servo and my Spektrum transmitter...After I finish my 2 MT projects I will crack this box open and get building...like I said any helpful info is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Kingclod27; 02-26-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Kingclod27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: D-i-ngo! D-i-ngo!

...D-i-ngo, and Dingo was his name-O!

Catchy tune now stuck in my head... thanks for that!

Happy late B-day, best of luck with your new build
BodiBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks alot man...Yea I like that little Jingle! lol...

I think Im gonna have fun with this one
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

i just built my 3rd scx10 and its my first dingo , picked it up from craigslist for 200 bucks and it is by far my favorite rc i went with a camel trophy them for my build.
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Sweet! Im gonna try to keep the Dingo body and do sum mods to it..I might grab a Rubicon body as an alternate, or one of those New Bright bodies...

I also have a set of Junfac carbon steel shafts I can use on it..Ive worked with the Axial trans before with my Wraith MT. I want to get as much small detail as I can lol
Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I want a really good high torque brushless system...Ive seen guys running 55t brushed systems and I wanted something similar in brushless..Still new to the scalers so Im not sure where to look. I have a 3300kv brushless system I can use but I wasnt sure wat that translated to as far as "turns". Thanks guys
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingclod27 View Post
I want a really good high torque brushless system...Ive seen guys running 55t brushed systems and I wanted something similar in brushless..Still new to the scalers so Im not sure where to look. I have a 3300kv brushless system I can use but I wasnt sure wat that translated to as far as "turns". Thanks guys

Hmmm...I'd say somewhere around the 27-20T range, but that's an unloaded RPM measurement which doesn't say much about how much power it truely has compared to a brushed motor with the same RPM per volt.

Last edited by 05Fronty4x; 02-22-2013 at 10:34 AM.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

thanks Fronty...Im gonna look around sum more this weekend and see wat I find..if all else fails I can use the 3300kv system
Old 02-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I finished up a few things on other projects so I decided to mess with this one a lil bit...Still havent started putting it together but I did get these items ready...I picked up a Proline Roof Rack and a few random scale accessories to go in it..I also added sum things to the Wraith interior that I will mount in the Dingo body..

Old 03-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

waiting on a few more things to come in...scale items, brushless system and I can get moving on this...Anything during the build I need to look out for?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Build your transmission in a mirror image of what it says, And put the tranny mount in opposite of what it says (flip 180 degrees). It will still rotate in the correct direction, but puts the motor on the side opposite of the trucks natural torque twist. The weight of the motor counteracts the torque twist tremendously.

I promise it will make sense once you see the parts, how the manual says, and how easily it can be built and assembled in mirror image of itself.

Here are several threads to help:

Mirror Imaged Transmission
Transmission Mirror help!
whats it mean to mirror the trans?
ProjectSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #12

i second that save a lot of messing around later
jim hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

I just finished my first dingo kit and just saw this about switching the tranny around tonight completely stock I didn't see the twist in it. But now that I have lifted it and did some other mods to the shocks to get full articulation out of them it's got a little twist going on lol the sticky on tips and tricks helped me a lot check it out if you haven't all ready
Tcp57fd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Just finished my dingo as well. I have a 20t in it and it has tons of power but a LOT of torque twist...
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

I have a 20t in my other custom chassis truck and yes big twist and speed. I still need to play with the shocks. Put I'm going to change the gears to a 87 spur and 18 pinion hope that will help. Slow it don't some too just a little to fast right now. Tried using some nylon punisher shafts I had laying around and it was blowing the apart lol
Tcp57fd is offline   Reply With Quote