Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Popped my scx10 cherry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Popped my scx10 cherry

Bought this with taxes it the new Rubicon unlimited. Now im now a big fan of jeeps but I really like this one a lot. I did a battery forward on it 4 linked the front axle put a rc4wd two speed in it and changed gears to 48p cuz 32p was crazy loud. Running 5300 2s nano tech batteries and spektrum rx/tx system waterproofed servo esc and receiver. In the process of building aluminum links for it as well. Will be putting axial simple light kit in soon just need to get some buckets for the body and will be addind scale tools chain and winch. Really like the tires they have tons of grip but foams suck so ill be putting memory foams in and weighting wheels as well.
Attached Images

bigred22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Popped my scx10 cherry

What did you use to mount your battery tray in that spot? Any better pics of it in that position?
BigGuyJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
What did you use to mount your battery tray in that spot? Any better pics of it in that position?
Zip ties to the shock hoops and rock sliders had it moutned inbetween body post but new batteries weren't letting body go on plus this makes the cg better with still keeping weight up front
Old 02-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred22 View Post
Zip ties to the shock hoops and rock sliders had it moutned inbetween body post but new batteries weren't letting body go on plus this makes the cg better with still keeping weight up front
Right on thanks!
BigGuyJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
Right on thanks!
No prob just rem I have my tranny backwards but u should still be able to get it mounted like that
Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Ok its been awhile since I updated this post and a lot has changed so here ya go. Installed dinky light kit dinky swing out tire rack and painted the body also Installed cc bec put wraith radio box in so more water proof then stock. In the works r hand built links all the way around.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #7

Looks nice. Axial needs to come out with some more colors besides just gray on the rtr.
travis4380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis4380 View Post
Looks nice. Axial needs to come out with some more colors besides just gray on the rtr.
Yes I agree
Old 03-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis4380 View Post
That's why they now have the kit.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBandito View Post
That's why they now have the kit.
Yes, but some people just want a rtr. I bought the kit because I like to build my stuff. For some it may be to much so they want a rtr. Just a thought if they could do a couple of colors. I know it costs more for Axial so I understand why they don't.
travis4380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
RCC Addict

You really jumped into the scale scene with both feet, since you were a "go fast" guy before! Can't wait to hit the trails with ya when the weather breaks. Keep up the good work .

You're gonna love that 2 speed when we hit the steep stuff, much easier to control in low and get down without riding the brakes and praying

Last edited by TrailDawg362; 03-16-2013 at 10:32 AM.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
You really jumped into the scale scene with both feet, since you were a "go fast" guy before! Can't wait to hit the trails with ya when the weather breaks. Keep up the good work .

You're gonna love that 2 speed when we hit the steep stuff, much easier to control in low and get down without riding the brakes and praying
well i have been debating on selling my go fast truck to fund some more scale stuff. and even in the snow i notice in low u can climb up almost any snow bank without sinking to the frame so i cant wait to see how she climbs in the trails. and that chain on the front i got at walmart for a dollor came in a 5 foot chunk but is a bit small for tenth scale and its for jewlery so very weak. but just for looks till i find some stronger stuff at a hardware stored. and still wanna add lights in front and rear bumpers and switch out the white marker lights with some organge from axial make it look more real.

Popped my scx10 cherry - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
popped my cherry on tire narrowing! jeremyfowler33 Tires and Wheels 15 08-16-2012 01:17 PM
Popped the MRC's Cherry pics inside (56k uh you'll be here a while) Tom95YJ Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 02-27-2009 08:27 PM
Popped my Crawling cherry Knoc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 04-08-2008 08:44 AM