Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Body ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Body ?

After years out of the hobby, my interest has been resparked and I want to get back in. When I got out, scale rigs were just starting to take off (and so was RC4WD). I'm 90% sure I want to get an scx10 and if I do, I'll be getting a kit just because I like to build them myself. I'm not really a big fan of any of the body styles and would likely change it out for something else. If what I have learned in reading here, do most of the aftermarket bodies line up better with the Dingo than the Honcho or Jeep (without having to change the lenght of the links)?

On a side not, I've got an old Tamiya Juggernaut 2 body that I might like to throw on from time to time. Maybe not to run (or run hard) but just around the yard and when its sitting on the shelf. Might as well, its been in an old box for over 5 years. Would that body line up with the Dingo?

All that being said, really enjoying this forum, reading up and learning as much as I can. I've been looking through the reader's rides to get ideas. I think I'm on about page 29. Some really impressive rigs that people have put together. Its going to take me forever to look at them all.

Thanks for any and all advice in advance.
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Body ?

Look up the wheelbase of the Juggernaut and the Dingo and then compare . The SCX10 wheelbase is easily adjusted to match your body of choice with upper and lower links.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Looks like the Juggernaut is 280mm and the Dingo is 290mm. I should be able to make that work. Besides length of the links, are there any significant differences between the Dinog, Honcho and Jeep?
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Jeep kit comes with aluminum shocks. Jeep kit and RTR comes with Maxxis Trepador's, Dingo and Honcho with Ripsaw's. Jeep and Dingo kit come with metal steering tierod, Honcho and Jeep RTR with plastic steering. My Dingo came with the parts to make the front a 4-link, not sure about the Jeep kit.

There may be more that I am missing.

Last edited by Debonair; 06-20-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote