Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New (to me) scx10 ii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2023, 01:07 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New (to me) scx10 ii

Hey all!
I bought a scx10ii off ebay for real cheap(120$)l. It's a roller and here's the things I've noticed so far:
The center skid is stripped, I tried installing some rock pirate sliders, but none of the screws bit anything, I even tried longer screws, they came out the other end of the holes, but just spun.
The transmission spins, but feels like something is catching, the spur gear looks hammered, I think the seller put the og motor back in, but it was loose and the screws used are not correct.
That's about it so far. My questions are:
Rebuild our replace trans?
Replace skid, Def needs to be replaced. What should I get?
Anything else I should replace? I'm trying to get all the things, but as you all know, it's tough to know what else I'll need till I get it running.
Thanks!
Afterbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2023, 03:16 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New (to me) scx10 ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterbang View Post
Hey all!
I bought a scx10ii off ebay for real cheap(120$)l. It's a roller and here's the things I've noticed so far:
The center skid is stripped, I tried installing some rock pirate sliders, but none of the screws bit anything, I even tried longer screws, they came out the other end of the holes, but just spun.
The transmission spins, but feels like something is catching, the spur gear looks hammered, I think the seller put the og motor back in, but it was loose and the screws used are not correct.
That's about it so far. My questions are:
Rebuild our replace trans?
Replace skid, Def needs to be replaced. What should I get?
Anything else I should replace? I'm trying to get all the things, but as you all know, it's tough to know what else I'll need till I get it running.
Thanks!
Which 10II is it? There were two transmission types, 3 gear, (grey) and a multi gear "scale" trans for these rigs. the skid has to be for the correct trans as they had different bolt patterns. Replacing it is as easy as unbolting the side screws and links, removing the trans and putting it all back together. The catch could be anything in the geartrain, but a cheap replacement is the spur gear. Getting things tightened up with the correct screws should help eliminate the "catch".
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 08:50 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New (to me) scx10 ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Which 10II is it? There were two transmission types, 3 gear, (grey) and a multi gear "scale" trans for these rigs. the skid has to be for the correct trans as they had different bolt patterns. Replacing it is as easy as unbolting the side screws and links, removing the trans and putting it all back together. The catch could be anything in the geartrain, but a cheap replacement is the spur gear. Getting things tightened up with the correct screws should help eliminate the "catch".
Oof,I had no idea there were that many. How can I tell which I have? I'll try an post some pictures on the morning.
Afterbang is offline   Reply With Quote

New (to me) scx10 ii - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 axle upgrade, SCX10.2 vs SCX10.3 axles?! BJoe Axial SCX-10 20 03-28-2021 05:05 PM
Axial SCX10 ll, SCX10, Gmade Sawback 4LS, Vaterra Ascender K5 From Malaysia. RCWin Videos! 2 12-01-2016 08:23 AM
Newbie. Ordered CRC ScX10 rtr and SCX10 jeep kit. Mattdaddy1974 Axial SCX-10 15 07-11-2015 02:50 PM