Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Need help setting an scx10 back up correctly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #1

Default Need help setting an scx10 back up correctly

Need help with setting this back up for trails battery was relocated to front and servo is chassi mounted new to cralwers so any help is appreciated

liljoker1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Need help setting an scx10 back up correctly

What exactly is it you're needing help with?
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
Scale Detail Engineering

Your front axle seems to be clocked a bit... have a harsh drive shaft angle.

Removing those spacers from the front lower links would help but it may be a better idea to add spacers to the top front links... depending on how the wheel base fits with the body.

What exactly is going on with the top links on the axles?
How are they attached?

EDIT: Ohh, those aren't Axial axles right... Venom?

Last edited by johnnyh66; 01-26-2014 at 04:04 PM.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Shocks are upside down, you rear links are outside of the shocks when there suppose to me inside the shocks, like Johnny said ur axles are clocked
SkyJacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Well you could go to Axials website and download the mnanual to any 1 of the SCX10 vehicles and revert the truck back to stock out of the box settings. I also noticed that the axles are not Axial......what are they....Venom axles? Your shocks are also looking quite long which could cause the pinion angle issues as well. Either way, making sure pioion angle is good and kingpin angle matches. Battery in front helps crawl better but if its only seeing trails and not much if any climbing, you could put the battery in the rear. Hope this helps.

Last edited by dwblue00; 01-26-2014 at 04:56 PM.
dwblue00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

You need to put longer upper links or shorten your lower links to fix that awful driveshaft angle (the previous owner did a pretty good job with everything else surprised he left that angle as it is..), the shocks can be flipped around but thats more an aesthetic thing than anything else, stock servo position is on the axle but youll need a axle specific servo mount as the axial one would not work with the shape of your axle, the receiver box is normally between the front end and the motor though i have mine mounted the same as yours is now and it actually helps the COG IMO..other then that youre looking good far as i can see, you can take the wheel weights off if you want it more stock youll probably get a minuscule amount better run time but its actually a good thing traction wise to leave them in. And the battery thing- most us guys like it up front but you can switch it out back and run see how you like it, i always recommend changing only one thing at a time and running it, that way you can see if what you did works better or not..anyways Good luck..
autonomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #7

You guys are awesome did a few changes accordingly I guess I'm mainly concerned about how the steering needs to be hooked up now

Yes they are venom axles

Also I'm using this as mainly just a trail rig it will be getting a new body along with all of that I'm just going to be pulling my axial exo Terra's on a trailer for the most part
Old 01-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #8

Have did some updates think I fixed some things in front end for the angle better will be looking for some smaller shocks and some new links for the rear end as you can see it is not right also added some beadlocks back on it anymore assistance with anything will help

Need help setting an scx10 back up correctly - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
will these bolt up correctly? realsickclown Tires and Wheels 6 10-24-2013 03:15 AM
Spektrum Dx3c not working correctly bongrips420 Electronics 0 05-12-2012 01:18 PM
how to correctly magnitize motor cans nitrojeff Electronics 2 03-03-2010 07:08 PM
Browser doesn't seem to work correctly mspohn Comments, Suggestions, and Help 5 01-30-2008 03:22 PM
Wiring Correctly CreepyCrawl Newbie General 3 10-26-2006 03:40 PM