Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Bryco's G6 Project.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Bryco's G6 Project.

So, picked one of these kits up the moment they showed up at the local store, and I've been sitting on it for a while due to some other projects. I recently got rid of my really well built Wraith, as I had wanted something wider and lower than my scx10, but it was a little too long and too wide for me at the time, and even after lowering it and throwing lots of money at it, it still didn't have the look I wanted. I had really wanted to build something "Ultra4(ish)" since starting to see more of them show up, and realized this could pull double duty, filling both the look I wanted, and a G6 rig. All the normal upgrades, was debating spending a bunch of cash on Curries, but with the cash saved I can by another rig, and avoid tears when I drag them over rocks. Uprgrades over the stock kit so far are FI lockers, OD gears up front, Vanquish chubs, knuckles, lockouts, panhard kit and link kit (making it 12.3" instead of the stock 12"), RC4WD front wrangler bumper and winch (Just picked up a wireless Warn setup to possibly replace this older one), RC4WD read bumper that was cut down to fit the body better, and some 2.2 OMF's with 2.2 Flat Irons (I also have my motoworx 1.9's for regular use). Anyway, onto the pics, and I'll add more as I go.

bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bryco's G6 Project.

Nice job, looks great
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks man! Funny thing is I have 5 1.9 rc4wd black steel wagon wheels I had put aside for this and just haven't found tires for them, though I have been leaning towards the xl's like on your rig. Great minds must think alike!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
Great minds must think alike!
Scary S..t right there.

Im very pleased with the TSL XL's. The vp rings made it happen, rc4wd rings were never in stock
Old 03-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

How do you like those foams? I've always wanted to try them but I'm so stuck in my mindset of needing super soft competition style foams...
Old 03-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #6
RCC Addict

And I thought I liked my G6....lol
Great job man...
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
How do you like those foams? I've always wanted to try them but I'm so stuck in my mindset of needing super soft competition style foams...
I was the same way. I started out in 2.2 comp crawling. (never wanted a scaler) and i thought the single cell Closed cell foams were too stiff. I did trim the two inner rings on my fronts, to soften them up. After driving on them for a few days, they are awesome. Ive tried them in loose dirt, rocks, sand and they seem to be great.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Tiny! I just noticed that the 1.9 motoworx i have for this truck for class 2 are the same as what you are running, looks like 3 great minds!
I may have to try them (those foams) eventually, the wheels on here now may end up getting stretched xl's on them, unless I find some pitbulls or something else I like.

Last edited by bryco13; 03-16-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Bryco's G6 Project. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bryco's FJ Buggy build bryco13 1.9 Scale Rigs 20 06-01-2013 08:03 AM
Tire project for pede project Mdlopez1 Non Crawler RC's 2 04-21-2013 06:30 PM