Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Axial G 6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Axial G 6

Hey guys I am a new member to rcc and the scale side of rc, well kind of all around noob. I was just wondering what kind of servo you guys are using. I was thinking of getting this one
Value Hobby R/C Hobby Store (Addison, Illinois): Power HD 1501MG Metal Gear Servo
I also found a ae2 esc with a 55t motor for cheap on ebay.
What is a good motor rating for these types of rc.
Any ideas or suggestions?
And thank you I cant wait to get trailing with this thing.

Last edited by javi; 04-06-2014 at 10:16 PM.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial G 6

The servo is pretty cheap, but torque is decent. I will recommend something with similar torque specs, but a name brand.
The ESC is an Axial brand, made by Castle Creations. Good stuff. It has a built in drag brake. For the money, you can't go wrong. I run it myself. I added a 10A BEC and run 3s with it. Using the Castle Link programmer, you can dial in the drag brake, reverse, etc... The 55t will be pretty slow on 2s (7.4v), but on 3s might be ok. I pulled my 55T out when i ws on 7.2v, it sucked. Now I'm on 3S with a 27t. Weeeeeee!!
Hotrodvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Hey guys I am a new member to rcc and the scale side of rc, well kind of all around noob. I was just wondering what kind of servo you guys are using. I was thinking of getting this one
Value Hobby R/C Hobby Store (Addison, Illinois): Power HD 1501MG Metal Gear Servo
I also found a ae2 esc with a 55t motor for cheap on ebay.
What is a good motor rating for these types of rc.
Any ideas or suggestions?
And thank you I cant wait to get trailing with this thing.

I have several of those servos. They work great, and you can't beat the price.
sgil2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I think I am going to try the servo from above and if that goes south I can take the savox I have on my scte and try it on my G6.
Now I am moving on to ESC/Motor. I am still fairly new to the hobby so I might want to get a combo that is already paired up for me.
I came across the atomik stuff.
Atomik 540 35T Brushed Motor 320A Waterproof ESC Combo 13029 Wraith SCX10 | eBay
I dont really want to spend a lot (more like the wife wont let me spend a lot) of money. More or less I have a very strict budget.
I have a flysky gt3c tx and will just program this one to it so thats a $10.00 receiver their and the servo another $12-15 depending on where I buy.
But I am hoping I can get a limit of another $100
I will keep looking and doing my research but if you guys have any thoughts or suggestions I would really appreciate them.
Thanks and again cant wait to get this thing going.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

After a bit if contimplating I was wondering if the Tekin fxr with 35T motor really a necesity for a beginner like me?
Would this combo be as good on nimh as it would on 2s lipo?
Old 04-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Well I started this thread not to long ago when I bought my kit and was looking for electronics. Well I came across some used stuff after purchasing my star. A big thanks to those guys (ScaledforFun and Axial95 good sellers) who helped me get on my way. I got a used tekin fxr and a axial 27T motor. I am using some futaba servo for now until I get my power hd 1501mg and I took out the receiver from my Losi SCTE I couldnt wait till I got another that I ordered.
Well heres what I have to say the servo is weak as hell and the motor is way fast on my 2s turnigy nano techs. But I am happy with the esc/motor I cant wait until I get out on some rocks and play with it.
How can I get more flex out of the axial suspension.

Axial G 6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM