Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Rc Bro's Burly Tubes Question/Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #1

Default Rc Bro's Burly Tubes Question/Problem

hello,
I recently bought a set of Rc Bro'ssplined burly tubes for my axial scx10, and i installed them in the front and back just a few days ago, and i ran it today, and both sides of the rear diff locker stripped out from the straight axles not reaching far enough into the locker to make enough contact to keep them from slipping.

The set up i was running was two of the long straight shafts from the xr-10 paired with the axial wraith rear lockouts (or straight axle adapters as tower hobbies refers to them as).
I also bought the xr-10 lockouts, thinking that since they were shorter than the wraith lockouts, that it would allow the straight axles to reach far enough into the lockers for them to make better contact and not strip out, but with this set-up, the axle shafts would go all the way into the locker but the lockout wouldn't reach the splined lockout adapter piece.
I then tried the combination of the xr-10 lockouts with the shorter xr-10 straight shafts, and the straight shafts would go all the way into the locker, but the lockout wouldn't go all the way onto the "lockout adapter", it would only go about half way on before the shaft would be all the way into the lockout.
I also tried the wraith lockouts with the shorter xr-10 straight shafts but then the shafts didnt reach far enough out of the lockout to put the hex on.
Does anyone have any experience with these tubes? I cant seem to find any way to set them up in which they will function properly.
Thanks

Last edited by aking720; 04-10-2014 at 03:27 PM.
aking720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Rc Bro's Burly Tubes Question/Problem

Bummer dude. They are designed to work in the front end only with xr-10 unis. Creation Fab makes some sweet lockout tubes for the rear
sam63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Have you pm'd RCBros? He will get you set straight on the setup.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam63 View Post
Bummer dude. They are designed to work in the front end only with xr-10 unis. Creation Fab makes some sweet lockout tubes for the rear
Straight from Rcbro's website

"If wanting equal track width, a set of burly tubes in back is required along with wraith lockouts and XR10 rear long shafts"

So they're not actually just meant for the front. You can use them in the rear.
stone202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rc Bro's Burly Tubes Question/Problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes** RcBro Axles, Trannys, T-case 246 07-02-2017 09:35 AM
**AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes** RcBro General Scale Talk 23 01-04-2014 10:25 AM
**AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes** RcBro General Crawlers 33 01-02-2014 10:36 PM