Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Last minute questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #1

Default Last minute questions

So i have been slowly building my scx 10 dingo kit and now its just last minute wiring questions. I have the spektrum dx 3c and the 3 channel rx that came with it. Has anyone notice that the little box that your suppost to put rx in is too small to fit the spektrum rx with the wires coming out when you try to put the lid on. also how tight should i have the nut on the slipper clutch the nut kept coming loose and falling off so i tightened just dont want it to be too tight. And final last question for now is with the truck powered on should it be able to roll down a hill when not pushing anything on the remote or should it just hold on the hill kinda like a brake is on
insutama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #2

Default Re: Last minute questions

For your last question, whether or not it free wheels on hills or holds like an automatic brake depends on the settings of your esc. If u set up the drag brake in the esc settings, if the esc your using is programmable, u can set it to either free wheel or have varying amounts of drag brake depending on your preference.
Cody318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I tighten my slipper down all the way, then back off 3/4 of a turn.
raceeng18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I've never had problems with the rx box on my scx10. I use flysky receivers, they're small, but standard small. Now the trailfinder rx box, that's a different scenario. The height is too short
DAHSEHONDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:24 PM   #5

awsome thanks for replys i have a holmes hobby rsc how do i know if its programmable ? and what should i do about the rx can i buy a different box for it to fit in ?
Old 04-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by insutama View Post
So i have been slowly building my scx 10 dingo kit and now its just last minute wiring questions. I have the spektrum dx 3c and the 3 channel rx that came with it. Has anyone notice that the little box that your suppost to put rx in is too small to fit the spektrum rx with the wires coming out when you try to put the lid on. also how tight should i have the nut on the slipper clutch the nut kept coming loose and falling off so i tightened just dont want it to be too tight. And final last question for now is with the truck powered on should it be able to roll down a hill when not pushing anything on the remote or should it just hold on the hill kinda like a brake is on
1.) not sure about the receiver..I use a large spectrum sr3000 receiver and it fits in the stock box of my scx10 fairly easy

2.) Unless you have a tremendous amount of power you really don't need the slipper clutch..ive been using a 2s with a strong 27T and have had no issues with the slipper tightened all the way up so it has no slip..Im going another step further by getting the slipper eliminator kit by locked up rc.

3.) You didn't say what ESC you are using but some you can program the amount of drag brake. if its and axial RTR esc its already programmed to max drag brake setting..Even with a strong drag brake the motor plays a part ...Weak motors like a stock axial 27T have no motor drag really because of weak magnets.. but something with strong magnets in a better quality motor will help hold you truck in place on most angles.

Last edited by 6sharky9; 04-12-2014 at 10:07 PM.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
RCC Addict

The ESC is programmable. You'll need a "castle link" to program it. That's a wire that plugs into your ESC and then into your computer. As for the receiver box try putting the receiver in first then the wires in on top of it....Because the wires will "move" aound when trying to close the lid. The receiver won't.....
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #8

awsome thanks guys all working good now just have to program the esc and sorry how do i do that ?
Old 04-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

To program your ESC you need this

Castle Creations Castle Link Programming Kit
Airdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #10

awsome thanks alot

Last minute questions - Similar Threads