Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New SCX-10 transmitter issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #1

Default New SCX-10 transmitter issues

Hi, So I've had my Jeep Rubicon scaler for about a month now, and out of the box I had issues with the transmitter sending an intermittant signal to the steering servo.

Trim knobs moved the wheels 100% of the time, so I know that the servo/receiver are working just fine.

What I found was that when I took apart the receiver, that if I pushed down on the connector near the actual "steering wheel" that you grasp with your fingers, the steering would return to normal function until I released pressure on the connecter. At which point functionality ceased again.

So, it would seem like there is an issue with the pigtail coming off the main board that goes to the steering input, but I'm not sure what to do at this point, as all the solders seem ok. I could try to re-solder them in case one of them is marginal.

I've already taken the transmitter apart obviously, so I'm not going to ask the shop I deal with to "gift" me with a new one, but do you think it's worth asking? Is there an upgraded or replacement controller that others have gone to at some point? Are replacement parts for the transmitter available?

Thanks, in advance.
Swissarmydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #2

Default Re: New SCX-10 transmitter issues

I'm not sure if it's worth re-soldering, but I suppose it might be worth a shot.
As far as replacement or upgrades, I found out that the stock Axial RX bound to my Flysky TX
I know Flysky isn't exactly name brand, but its far more adjustable than the stock remote, has
multi model memory, and was pretty cheap.
Good luck with your radio.
acerpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

If you purchased the Axial RTR new contact Axial. They replaced one of my RTR Transmitters when it died a couple months after purchasing it. Just be prepared to send them a copy of your sales invoice/receipt.

Leave out the part about disassembling it.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerpower View Post
I'm not sure if it's worth re-soldering, but I suppose it might be worth a shot.
As far as replacement or upgrades, I found out that the stock Axial RX bound to my Flysky TX
I know Flysky isn't exactly name brand, but its far more adjustable than the stock remote, has
multi model memory, and was pretty cheap.
Good luck with your radio.
If you can't get it replaced then I second the flysky suggestion. I have the gt3b and its a nice radio. I think the best thing is extra RX's are $10 and you can mod it to have more channels too. I have a spektrum as well and there isn't much better to justify the price difference. For the record it will indeed bind to the a axial RX too. The gt2 is real cheap if you can find it and will be about the same as the stocker
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

i would say send it back. if you really want a new radio the flysky radios are amazing for being china radios. if you want a great name brand radio the spektrum radios you cant go wrong with but your going to spend a bunch more money on them.
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote

New SCX-10 transmitter issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
issues with Traxxas 2.4 tgi transmitter PontiacGT201 Electronics 5 12-27-2014 09:05 AM
esc issues or elec issues camogonewild Newbie General 5 03-11-2014 11:19 AM
Stick transmitter vs pistol grip transmitter D19er Electronics 3 03-05-2014 09:52 AM
Scx Truggy Driveline Headaches & Issues..! Big Tex Axial SCX-10 11 10-14-2012 12:05 PM