Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: scx yota

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Well, I guess its time I did my first build thread.. So bare with me, haha.
I decided it was time to rebuild my old scx10 kit.

●rc4wd cms w/panhard and homebrew links front
●4 link rear with homebrew links rear
●new tranny outputs, pinion shafts, and drivelines
●aluminum c's and knuckles
●xl-5
●titan 12t (Yes I know they're crap, but I like the wheel speed and low end torque... Plus with the conditions in which I spend most of my time, motors don't last long anyways.)
●20/87 geering
●Savox servo
●rc4wd mojave body kit w/mojave light kit
Enough with listing this stuff, I'll try to get some pics up asap.

The steering turned out quite well. Rc4wd seems to have geometry down. The only down side I see is that the panhard hits the top of the pumpkin at full flex. I don't know if this is just because I used it on the shorter wheelbase kit instead of the Honcho or if it's the same on both wheelbases? I may have to build a "z" link to correct this.

The only changes that had to be made to use the rc4wd kit on the shorter wheelbase was to build a new top link since the lower links are shorter than the Honcho.

I know a lot of people that use this body are going with a shock relocation to move the shocks inside the frame rails and save the bed. I figured screw it, haha, it's a trail rig. I still have a full bed. The shocks and hoops protrude 1mm in to the bed. I guess I could cover the holes with some styrene, but I might just leave it for now.

I got some body mounts built so it's on a hinge.. Probably won't work if I get a rear bumper built, but works for now..

And this is how it sits at the moment... Waiting to be worked on. I'll try to get more up as it gets done.

Last edited by THX_138; 04-27-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links