Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Ridgecrest G6 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #1

Default Ridgecrest G6 build

I bought a Ridgecrest for my son back in November 2012. He was a month away from being 5 years old at the time. I've posted on here before about how resilient this thing has been from the punishment he's put it through. In the last year and a half he's learned a lot about driving so I installed a Castle 5700kv sct system in there. Geared it down some and it woke up a bit.

In February I did an F250 build and he fell in love with the scale look.

So I promised him if he did well in school this year that we would rebuild his Ridgecrest into something with a little more eye a peel. So I got on Tower and ordered up an Scx10 G6 Kit. I'll be using what I need from it and selling the rest on here or the bay. From the Ridgecrest I'll be using the axles, wheels, and transmission (steels gears inside already). Probably the drive shafts too I already put some all thread in there so why not. I may just make my own links and sell the Axial ones in the box.

I've been doing some homework over the past few weeks and I've seen some people use the scx10 skid, some use a Wraith skid, and I'm not sure what has worked best for this application so if anyone wants to chime in please do.

Also if anyone is interested in any of the unused scx10 parts shoot me a pm.
Off the top of my head I know I won't be using
the wheels and tires
Transmission
Link kit
axles
I'll post more stuff up as I go along with this build.

As always, thanks for looking.
Gonzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2014, 12:24 AM   #2

Default Re: Ridgecrest G6 build

I started rebuilding the Ridgecrest parts with new Bearings from Boca Bearings. Also added some marine grease to the axles for some water resistance.
I picked up some 3/16 zinc plated rod to use for links (can be seen behind the tires on the table). Worse come to worse I can pick up some stainless steel rod up the street from me if it ends up being too week or use the stock links. I have plenty of time on this build so I'd like to play around with different stuff this being my first time making links.
Gonzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:59 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Hey man great parenting. An idea for your links would be to use 8/32 all thread sleeved with 1/4 inch tubing and the short Revo Rod Ends from Traxxas. Good luck .
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote

Ridgecrest G6 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally my ridgecrest build is done!!! axial 4x4 crawler Axial AX10 2nd-gen 12 12-08-2013 06:51 PM
cheap ridgecrest starter build. Gravebane525 Axial AX10 2nd-gen 10 08-29-2013 11:17 AM
DolphinsFan Ridgecrest build DolphinsFan Axial AX10 2nd-gen 6 03-28-2013 02:47 PM
J21 ridgecrest build johnson21 Axial AX10 2nd-gen 6 02-22-2013 04:07 PM
My Ridgecrest Build sacornett Axial AX10 2nd-gen 9 10-30-2012 10:50 AM