Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New project: Mega Mudder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New project: Mega Mudder

So I have decided to start a new rig. I have already built a bad ass good looking hard body mud truck for looks.

So now I realize how stupid I was for putting so much work into something I destroyed in the mud. I have sold that rig above and I just bought a used scx10 for cheap. It came with a waterproof servo, aluminum links, upgraded esc and much more. I feel like I got a really good deal.... then I found out why it was so cheap. After a few days of hardcore mudding the axles locked up and the transmission gears stripped. Now I have to start over from scratch. So I am going to make custom tractor tires that are the size of traxxas stampede and make it a daily mudder. Here is some pics of the rig before I destroyed it. I put a 12t titan motor for speed and running a 2s lipo with 1.9 iroks. I need some ideas of how to make it a bullet proof rig. maybe even considering brushless once I make my extra large tires.

Any ideas are appreciated and I hope u enjoy my build. It might take a while but in the end it will be one bad ass mud toy.
ohboy221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

New project: Mega Mudder - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Mega Mud Truck Harley Videos! 1 06-13-2014 11:31 PM
My 1st Project (Mudder/Hillclimber) Troublemaker Non Crawler RC's 99 02-21-2008 10:24 PM
ProJect:MaXxIs MuDdEr MudBoGGinMaxX Traxxas Crawlers 4 06-24-2004 08:02 PM