Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New owner of a Falken G6 RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #1

Default New owner of a Falken G6 RTR

Headed out to my local hobby shop today and took my time walking around and looking at everything. Seeing all the parts in person really solidifies how deep this hobby goes. I spent about an hour talking with a sales guy about the models I was interested in. He said the Traxxas Stampede was very popular and goes pretty fast. After explaining I wasn't really interested in speed at this time but more interested in slower trail driving and some crawling he pointed out the G6 and the Wrangler Unlimited RTR's. The G6 was cheaper and also came with a free battery charger which in the end between the price difference stock for stock and the charger saved me about $110. He said down the road I could extend the chassis and put a Wrangler Unlimited body on it if I felt inclined to do so. I left the store happy and excited to drive this thing. The battery is charging as I type this. Not in love with the body color but that looks to be easily fixed so it wasn't a deal breaker.

Snapped a couple photos even though everyone knows what a stock G6 looks like

Vehicle: Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 Falken Edition
Charger: Duratrax Onyx 150
Battery: Lectron Pro 5200mAh

snaplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New owner of a Falken G6 RTR

Nice ride.Enjoy it.Had mine outside today running it through the landscapeing around the yard.Used to be diehard go fast guy but really enjoying these crawler/trail rigs.So much so I just finished building G6 number 2 yesterday.I kinda like that color scheme.
RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Glad to see you went with the rtr. Now get out and have some fun!
460bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:18 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Been 5 days since you updated so I assume you are still waiting on the new charger and power supply. Are you using this time to get familiar with your truck? I also started with a RTR model and the addiction ( I say disease) quickly consumed me. Keep us updated on anything you do especially with pictures . . . we like pics. Updating all upgrades with pics does a few things. It helps others to spot and fix problems you may have encountered and sometimes gives others ideas on what to do (or not do) with their rigs. And even though everyone knows what every stock truck looks like, this is your thread and you get to see and show off the changes that inevitably will occur when you procure the disease like the rest of us. Welcome, good luck and have fun.
Valreesio is offline   Reply With Quote

New owner of a Falken G6 RTR - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Falken G6 rtr body? mr lee Axial SCX-10 6 11-02-2014 08:00 AM
FINALLY narrowed down my choice to the g6 falken rtr scx10 ReMiXeDg Axial SCX-10 10 09-19-2014 10:32 PM