Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: FINALLY narrowed down my choice to the g6 falken rtr scx10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #1

Default FINALLY narrowed down my choice to the g6 falken rtr scx10

Axial 1/10 SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Falken 4WD RTR

So I'm going to purchase it sometime monday off tower hobbies..

I've read here and there that the g6 comes with some parts that are a bonus can anyone share their 2 cents as to whats the cons and pros with this model thanks a lot..

what upgrades should i consider looking at for optimum performance? i want to do rock climbing hardcore as I'm new to the bobbie and i don't want to be let down at all.

are the stock tires good?
ReMiXeDg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: FINALLY narrowed down my choice to the g6 falken rtr scx10

The stock steering/suspension links are *functional* at first but useless after a short time. They all need to be replaced. I use 8/32" threaded rod and traxxas revo rod ends.

other than that they are pretty durable. You'll want to get aluminum knuckles and chubs eventually, especially if you're going to be doing a lot of rock crawling with it. Stock parts will hold up some but they WILL break, only a matter of when.

The stock tires are good but the foams are completely useless. Way too soft. You either need to get them off the glued rims (damn you Axial, smarten up) or sell them and buy a new set of tires and beadlock wheels and go from there.

Check all the hardware and make sure everything is tight and nothing is stripped. Stock electronics seem to be pretty decent. I am kind of impressed with the servo, for a RTR in this hobby anyway.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
The stock steering/suspension links are *functional* at first but useless after a short time. They all need to be replaced. I use 8/32" threaded rod and traxxas revo rod ends.

other than that they are pretty durable. You'll want to get aluminum knuckles and chubs eventually, especially if you're going to be doing a lot of rock crawling with it. Stock parts will hold up some but they WILL break, only a matter of when.

The stock tires are good but the foams are completely useless. Way too soft. You either need to get them off the glued rims (damn you Axial, smarten up) or sell them and buy a new set of tires and beadlock wheels and go from there.

Check all the hardware and make sure everything is tight and nothing is stripped. Stock electronics seem to be pretty decent. I am kind of impressed with the servo, for a RTR in this hobby anyway.

thanks for the reply... can't wait to get my hands on the rig..

as for the links can you tell me the exact measurements for the future for me thanks..

i plan to upgrade things as i put some running time on it before i do any major upgrades..

i might sell the wheels new out the box and cop another set . any recommendations ?
ReMiXeDg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You can just measure the ones that are on there and duplicate the length with the ones you make.
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

You should buy the kit. So you won't have to upgrade the basic stuff like the links.
cotyhamlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:42 AM   #6

I bought the G6 Falken rtr and I'm pretty happy with the Falken Wildpeak tires. It may be a bit slimmer than the Pitbull Growlers but it can definitely hold its own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nizroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

get the G6 kit IMO and put in all the better electronics from the start as well as it comes with alu. lower links and steering linkage.

But if you want RTR get the Falken G6.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Definetley (spelling?) get a RTR since this is your first time. a rtr will be cheaper in the long run because you don't have to buy electronics, so if you don't like it you're not out as much. Its also easier because you don't have to put it together. The only upgrade I would get with it is a 17t or 18t pinion gear. I believe the stock gearing is 20/87, which is higher than what you need for the hardcore stuff. This will also give you more low-end power and throttle control. the things are geared higher than need be from the factory.
Pgambardella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:54 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgambardella View Post
Definetley (spelling?) get a RTR since this is your first time. a rtr will be cheaper in the long run because you don't have to buy electronics, so if you don't like it you're not out as much. Its also easier because you don't have to put it together. The only upgrade I would get with it is a 17t or 18t pinion gear. I believe the stock gearing is 20/87, which is higher than what you need for the hardcore stuff. This will also give you more low-end power and throttle control. the things are geared higher than need be from the factory.
That is what did with the JK. I got a RTR, did buy the metal links soon after that. I already had a DX9 radio and 7 channel radio- to run lights and winch- so i swapped that out but as my first ground pounder I wanted something already put together so I can have a better idea of how things work/ where parts go. Axial does give a good manual but some of the pages do look like they came from the same guy who makes Ikea manuals. Now I have a better understanding of how things work on the SCX10 and have the extra basic radio I do plan on doing a kit, a Dingo most likely, and I will put that radio in it.
Sailingeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingeric View Post
That is what did with the JK. I got a RTR, did buy the metal links soon after that. I already had a DX9 radio and 7 channel radio- to run lights and winch- so i swapped that out but as my first ground pounder I wanted something already put together so I can have a better idea of how things work/ where parts go. Axial does give a good manual but some of the pages do look like they came from the same guy who makes Ikea manuals. Now I have a better understanding of how things work on the SCX10 and have the extra basic radio I do plan on doing a kit, a Dingo most likely, and I will put that radio in it.
The kit manuals are much more detailed, and a 6 year old could build one of thier kits! easy and fun IMO.

With an RTR I'd still recommend checking all hardware before use, and all the plastic links and electronics get replaced anyways...
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I got the g6 kit for my first kit ever. And I love it. I'm glad I got the kit vs rtr. It was fun to build and I want another kit.
cotyhamlett is offline   Reply With Quote

FINALLY narrowed down my choice to the g6 falken rtr scx10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New scx10 falken gripe b00st3d-vr6 Axial SCX-10 14 10-24-2014 06:06 PM
Axial Falken SCX10 ? ngward79 General Scale Talk 46 04-28-2014 06:01 PM
Narrowed down choice... almost Big Daddy Newbie General 5 06-09-2011 07:25 PM
I think I have finally made a choice smokediver Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 03-01-2010 09:13 PM