Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: GDB's DeadBolt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default GDB's DeadBolt

OK, works been slow since the Holidays so I thought I'd share what I've been working on. Not a build thread per say, pretty much a look at what I've done so far thread.

I'm not a custom body guy so I have to roll with what's available. With all the Deadbolt threads popping up I sorta got to liking the body. It's kind of Bronco-ish I guess.

Well I've been sitting on a rolling chassis for quite sometime and thought it to be appropriate to try & use it.

It's an SCX chassis with the Dinky Divorce Kit and GCM MetalHead axles, Methods & Falken Wild Peaks.

I picked up a DeadBolt body on ebay and since it's lexan I tried to add a little dimension and character to it the best I could. I put a Wraith interior in it, added the Reign front grill, proline fuel cell & light buckets. The interior swap went better than I thought it would and gives the body a whole different look IMO.

I continued with the body by adding some diamond plate & scale bit's. I also lowered the light bar by a 1/2" , it just stuck up too far for me.

I ordered up few items from RPP, some BGR Bumpers & Sliders. While I waited on those I had to correct the wheel base & pinion angles and got the proper Ti links. Everything was moving along rather quickly considering how long I had the chassis.

Not being much for post & body pins to hold the body on, the fuel cell covered the rear and I made a diamond plate hood thingy to cover the fronts then proceeded to make Velcro mounts to hold the body on.

I need to wire the lights & pick and install electronics, 7954, MMP & Novak 18.5 Ballistic Crawler & bec should do the trick.
Since it's just about complete (electronics & inner fenders) I guess it's time for the mandatory flex pic's.
Thanks for looking.

gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
I joined the Band!

Default Re: GDB's DeadBolt

Methods and axles look great. Im starting to like the look of this body to.
bayareaaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Ok can you tell us how you mounted the interior. Want to do it to mine just havery no clue what to do...
fire2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:30 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the comments fellas.

I'll get some pic's of the interior later and post'em.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:49 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks
fire2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:07 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Nice build, like the tires but wish they were little bit shorter like Ripsaws. Interior really adds to it too.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:24 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

OK, what I did for the interior was to cut out the stock Deadbolt interior except for the dash, just follow the black part of the interior, it's pretty obvious when you look at it. I then took the Wraith dash off, as it wasn't needed and cut & trimmed the remaining floor plan to fit into the Deadbolt.

I test fitted where I wanted it as far as floor & seat height and marked it with a sharpie and then used shoo-goo to hold in place.

I then took some black dense foam I had from some RC4WD wheel packaging and put in the door panels, giving an illusion of a somewhat finished off inside and giving the lexan some density.

I still need to trim & finish it up bit to look a little neater but it's OK and a little different. You can also see how I covered the post holes and how I mounted the Velcro plates on the body. It's pretty secure and should stay mounted even on a roll over.

All in all, I'm happy with it for being a lexan body and it's getting some much needed scale points.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:11 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Definitely looks much better with the wraith interior. I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my sons g6 body.

Cheers,
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Nice job with the interior.The Deadbolt has been super popular here lately.Cool to see everyone's versions take shape.Well done.��
RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:03 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it.

GDB's DeadBolt - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GDB's EXO... gdb85 Non Crawler RC's 9 02-27-2015 11:31 AM
My new deadbolt mcdader Axial SCX-10 30 07-30-2014 02:10 PM
Deadbolt Alamo71 Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 12-24-2013 01:43 PM
GDB's Trail Jeep gdb85 Axial SCX-10 11 09-01-2013 05:42 PM