Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New Axial bodies???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2015, 10:03 PM   #101
RCC Addict

Default Re: New Axial bodies???

Norton:Looks great and nice job on the bed.Is that balsa wood your using and what the thickness.
All i have to say you have Balls to cut up a 52.00 body can't wait to paint mine but other projects are stopping me from doing so.
Mine cost 89.00CDN to my door and the only thing I'm going to cut are the wheel wells and trim the bottom....
And like you said would like to see the out come of the this in a different thread let me guess the rusty look....Ya checking out your photo album.
Cool pics and great builds.
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2015, 10:09 PM   #102
RCC Addict

LOL! Minimal rust on this one, only in the right places. It's made of 1/4" maple plywood. Thanks for the comments on my builds. I'll start a thread when I make more progress.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #103
Pebble Pounder

yes frackula, definetly sexy in black .and the green is a nice contrast.i hated those bodies when I first saw them(no offense).but seeing one in black has changed my mind. Norton your's is coming along nicely, can't wait to see the finished product. and for those who haven't seen/checked, axial finally has pix on their site of both new bodies.
flatfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:30 PM   #104
Rock Stacker

Starting of my Nukizer with the cage off a dingo kit.
 photo image.jpg1.jpg

Last edited by wolfsbone01; 08-08-2015 at 10:34 PM.
wolfsbone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:12 AM   #105
Pebble Pounder

The molded lexan soft top on the Nukizer is the only nitpick I have for that body so far. I don't have one in hand yet so that can change. I wish that Axial would make provisions for all of their bodies (save for the rubicon) to utilize the honcho bed. How long before someone builds up a proper drop top for the Nukizer?
Dextroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:39 AM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextroyer View Post
The molded lexan soft top on the Nukizer is the only nitpick I have for that body so far. I don't have one in hand yet so that can change. I wish that Axial would make provisions for all of their bodies (save for the rubicon) to utilize the honcho bed. How long before someone builds up a proper drop top for the Nukizer?

I was thinking along the same lines. I plan on building mine with no top and some cage work but still gathering chassis parts. Then I can cut up the body
Solid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:30 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Well, I don't have a SWB, so I'll have to go with the Nuke body. Maybe I can get my dad to get the FC since he has the Rubi style rig
Armistice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #108
RCC Addict

I have a couple idea's about a actual canvas top that I'm going to try.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

So just put in an order for both at the LHS today, haha. Expected by Sep. That sucks, but oh well
Armistice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:39 AM   #110
Rock Stacker

Mine is in the works.
ANUFSED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:58 AM   #111
RCC Addict

Saw this body at local shop and couldn't resist. Threw it on one of my old Scx's. Basic build. Metal knuckles and hubs, mip shafts, metal center trans gear and output, HanBro cms kit. HH brxl and 35t pro motor. 4 link rear, stock shocks. Hitec hs-5646wp servo.

Wheelbase set at 11 3/8 in these pics and it is still a nip long in the front. I have a customish link setup front and rear. There are 1/8 spacers on the fron links I am going to pull to shorten it a bit. Because of the CMS panhard on the front, I get some rubbing on the front right tire with these wheels/tires. I am running some Vaterra TH kit tires and wheels. The tires work amazing. Some of the best if not the best I have run for my area (north East).

I let my Fiance pick the color. I am not sure if i like it but it is growing on me. Some Duratrax green backed with black. I still have a lot of detail work to do. I was in a bit of a rush as I was on vacation this week and wanted to bring it with me.

Pics of it up at Stage Fort park in Gloucester Ma. In the backround is the port they left in the movie "Perfect Storm". My moms family mostly all lives there and many are Gloucester Fishermen. I spent most of my summers there, growing up. Still visit at least once a year. At the park there is a food stand that has the best clams in the world. just figures that when we went there this week they were out! Been our luck all week. anyways, here are a few pics.

Sorry for vertical recording. Was trying to film with my phone in one hand and drive with the other.

http://vid217.photobucket.com/albums...pspsyjacek.mp4
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

Nice. Mine just showed up yesterday. I like how you cut off the rear bumper molded into the body to fashion your own; I intend to do the same thing. Do you have any rubbing with the body? I intend to use 2.2s and make a monster rig out of the this platform. I think I have the front suspension worked out with the lift I am running, but I need to shorten the links for the rear. It goes without saying that the angles will change dependent upon how much I have to raise the suspension vs how high I mount the body. I can't wait to paint it up this weekend.
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:29 PM   #113
RCC Addict

With this setup (stock shocks 1/4 inch limiter on the shafts) there is no rubbing after tweaking everything to make sure everything is even, etc. I have some other tires/wheels that I have tried as well. 1.9 Rock Beasts on Axial beadlocks. Those are wider but shorter and do not rub. 1.9 Boggers on Gear head ute's. They are taller but narrower and work as well. 1.9 TTC claws on Gear Head rims, they rub but very little. Main rub spot is front wheel well at the front bottom as usual during turning.

I have my front body post at its highest position. So if you are going to go 2.2, you will have to lose the fenders or come up with some way to mount the body even higher. Good luck!
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #114
Quarry Creeper

My NuKizer body, painted and ready:

And with paddles:

Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:39 PM   #115
RCC Addict

Nukizer body is slowly getting there, had some time to do a bit more tonight.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #116
Pebble Pounder

coming along very nice Norton. I had all but forgotten about those new bodies until the recent posts'.the more I see them, the more I want one.so thanks for that.now i'll have to start shopping.
flatfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:37 AM   #117
Rock Stacker

Finally got somewhere with my nukizer. Had to skip a bunch of overtime this week, but totally worth it. Shred the ledge next weekend and didnt wanna rush the work last minute. Still got some things to tweek, but im hapy with the progress.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1441989356104.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  118.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1441989379225.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  104.3 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1441989395457.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  125.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1441989411052.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  116.4 KB

sent from some loaction dat has da interwebs
TragOul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Testing it today, despite the fact that the body looks great i believe it's too thin in certain areas, mostly at the tail and door/cabin zone, i'll have to use good amounts of shoegoo to reinforce it:

Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:51 PM   #119
RCC Addict

funny you mention it.i decided to go check for fun and mine is still unpainted at this point.So checking with the calipers and there is some thin spot like you mention so really its not .040 thick,what that just under 1/2 mm thick...there are some thin spot but still love the over all look...
Maybe up the ante and make .060 thickness to make up the difference..
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

. 040 before they vacuum form it over the mold.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote

New Axial bodies??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
axial bodies NoblesvilleKid Paint and Body 24 04-26-2007 03:06 PM