Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Few quick qestions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #1

Default Few quick qestions!

I currently own a Wraith but am going to purchase a SCX10 later today. Will I be able to run the same battery in both of these? The Wraith is all stock besides a few links. Also, any recommend spare parts to get for the new SCX10?
guncrazy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Few quick qestions!

it should work fine as long as your connectors are the same

as for parts, C-Hubs and Knuckles, Links (upper, lower and steering) are all prone to breakage, maybe check out metal tranny gears too

I'd also get a set of burly tubes or a similar product to beef up your axles and while you're in there install over or under drive gears

also get some green slime and o-rings to help the stock shocks from leaking as bad
three2won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncrazy72 View Post
I currently own a Wraith but am going to purchase a SCX10 later today. Will I be able to run the same battery in both of these? The Wraith is all stock besides a few links. Also, any recommend spare parts to get for the new SCX10?
Quote:
Originally Posted by three2won View Post
it should work fine as long as your connectors are the same

as for parts, C-Hubs and Knuckles, Links (upper, lower and steering) are all prone to breakage, maybe check out metal tranny gears too

I'd also get a set of burly tubes or a similar product to beef up your axles and while you're in there install over or under drive gears

also get some green slime and o-rings to help the stock shocks from leaking as bad
x2, except that over or under gears and burly/beef tubes are not necessities right off the bat as much as the bendy plastic suspension and steering link junk is. Knuckles and to lesser extent C-hubs are definitely prone to breakage.

Lots of good info in the sticky at the top of this section SCX Tips and Tricks:
Tips and Tricks Thread
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncrazy72 View Post
congrats on the purchase!. if using the same connectors, yes you are RTR...... just drive the SCX. i have YET to buy a replacement part for mine. if you see something weak (links, servo) whaterver it is just save some monies. throw an upgrade in and keep running!
ScGRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #5

Thanks for the info everyone! I picked up the Honcho style this afternoon and went ahead and drove it around some. I really enjoy it! Major difference from the Wraith but I am looking forward to trying it out on some rocks.
guncrazy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Just drive it like you stole it,what ever breaks then replace parts...Like SG Racer said save monies...
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Few quick qestions! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
California Gun owners. Quick question, need a quick answer. Szczerba Chit Chat 8 11-23-2010 12:35 AM
Newbie introduction and few qestions DannyDodge Newbie General 4 09-06-2010 03:44 PM
Few qestions about brazing xxizzer421xx Tools, and Procedures 15 01-21-2008 09:26 AM
Qestions On EVX Turns emaxxmasher Traxxas Crawlers 0 08-16-2007 01:36 PM
Im making a crawler, got some qestions MaxxinINtheAZ Traxxas Crawlers 16 09-27-2005 06:13 AM