Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: crawlers anonymous

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default crawlers anonymous

greetings everyone, and welcome to the first meeting of c.a.(as it will known henceforth.first I will introduce myself, i'm ,uh, i'll go by "jim" to protect the inocent.)this story actually starts 5+ years ago(can't remember exactly, but for our purposes we'll say 5).It started with a honcho when they first came out.i did the usual mods for the time, body, wheels/tires, home made cms(nobody made kits then, it was all custom).I eventually sold it, and walked away from r/c-crawling altogether.so fast forward to modern day.of course I knew the honcho, and all the derivatives existed, but kept a blind eye to them.sure, I would occasionally slip onto the axial site to see what was new, and exciting.but for the most part, I kept myself under control.so, along comes my birthday(exact day/time/year unimportant), and I fell off the wagon, and purchased a wraith spawn.and the modest modifications began.then, I started to spin out of control.then I went to the rc crawler site, to see what everyone else was doing.further slipping down the rabbit hole, then someone closed the lid on me.so, a few months later, here I am.after the wraith came a c.c./crc edition jeep rtr.more mods followed.now I noticed the spawn never got any attention anymore.yes, I had been re-bitten by the scale crawler-1.9 fever.then I see this thing called a wroncho.i but I couldn't bear to disassemble my spawn(that I didn't drive anymore), so I began to source parts, scx10 frame, wraith axles-tranny-shocks-skid plate, more radio gear.so I put the wroncho together, and drive it a couple time(both in 1.9 and 2.2 versions), but it just wasn't the same.so apart it came, and I began gathering scx10 parts, axles, skid,shocks,wheels/tires, etc..so now I have 2 scx10's.then along comes ssd.i purchase some assassin wheels, cms, steering linkage.then I start seeing all these g6 jeeps.now I have another problem.i want a g6 of my own, but don't want to part with either scx10 I have.so I barter a trade of my spawn for a slightly used g6.so now I have 3 scx10's.when my "dealer"(usps worker) arrived yesterday with another "package" from cali', he/she asked my wife if I we knew someone in cali', since we receive soo many "packages" from there?she just laughed, and said yes.(my g6 just came from cali', and I get "packages" from rpp almost weekly), though none this week? I must be getting better, or forgot to order something this week?either way, i'm sure the usual route will be re-opened, as I being to upgrade my latest arrival.so, I guess what i'm trying to say is, I have a problem, I can't/won't seem to make it stop, and I see no relief in sight.soo my "distributor"(rpp) wll be sending me more "packages", i'm sure ssd will take away more of my money,(thanks for throwing the whole $50 a set scx axle housing thing at me, because now I will have to buy 3 sets).and i'm almost positive I need at least 1 more set of assassin wheels, if not 2 so all 3 scx10's will match.so, very long story short, I have a problem.i openly admit it, and i'm wondering if others with the same problem will step up, and tell their story.don't leave me hanging, I know you're out there.well, for now, thank you for reading my ramblings.and don't be afraid to step up, and be heard.remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step.(this story is a work of fiction(somewhat), meant to entertain, and help others(the doctor says opening up, and trying to help others will help with the healing)).so once again thank you, uh, oh yeah, jim.(not my actual name, so don't be afraid to make one up, but don't use jim.)-(and if you'r name is jim, sorry, pick another one). the end, for now?
flatfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2015, 10:18 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: crawlers anonymous

Hi my name is bob also not my real name

and I have a R/C car collection habit and a rebuilding habit and a habit of spending way to much money on parts and upgrades and then don't use the r/c's enough to justify upgraded parts

I bought a used SCX10, built a second SCX10 out of parts

I then bought a Wraith kit, and built a second Wraith out of parts

I then bought a EXO kit, and its almost finished making custom pieces

I then rescued a Mini Desert Trophy truck and a Arma Vortex its a 2 wheel drive stadium truck

I then built a GCM 4 ten chassis with leaf springs

So that's 8 and I just got a 42'' inch boat that use Traxxas water proof electronics

and I forgot about the Traxxas Nitro Stampede and Nitro T-Maxx rollers both are first generations and The T-Maxx does not have the 2 speed transmission but does have reverse

and this was in less then 2 1/2 years time period

The Traxxas rollers I have had for years and just never got rid of them

That's why I spaced mine out Taco Vender

cause I know you need to put on your half glasses on too take a leak,

its ok your getting older

than dirt

Last edited by kgb424; 07-19-2015 at 10:44 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfoot View Post
greetings everyone, and welcome to the first meeting of c.a.(as it will known henceforth.first I will introduce myself, i'm ,uh, i'll go by "jim" to protect the inocent.)this story actually starts 5+ years ago(can't remember exactly, but for our purposes we'll say 5).It started with a honcho when they first came out.i did the usual mods for the time, body, wheels/tires, home made cms(nobody made kits then, it was all custom).I eventually sold it, and walked away from r/c-crawling altogether.so fast forward to modern day.of course I knew the honcho, and all the derivatives existed, but kept a blind eye to them.sure, I would occasionally slip onto the axial site to see what was new, and exciting.but for the most part, I kept myself under control.so, along comes my birthday(exact day/time/year unimportant), and I fell off the wagon, and purchased a wraith spawn.and the modest modifications began.then, I started to spin out of control.then I went to the rc crawler site, to see what everyone else was doing.further slipping down the rabbit hole, then someone closed the lid on me.so, a few months later, here I am.after the wraith came a c.c./crc edition jeep rtr.more mods followed.now I noticed the spawn never got any attention anymore.yes, I had been re-bitten by the scale crawler-1.9 fever.then I see this thing called a wroncho.i but I couldn't bear to disassemble my spawn(that I didn't drive anymore), so I began to source parts, scx10 frame, wraith axles-tranny-shocks-skid plate, more radio gear.so I put the wroncho together, and drive it a couple time(both in 1.9 and 2.2 versions), but it just wasn't the same.so apart it came, and I began gathering scx10 parts, axles, skid,shocks,wheels/tires, etc..so now I have 2 scx10's.then along comes ssd.i purchase some assassin wheels, cms, steering linkage.then I start seeing all these g6 jeeps.now I have another problem.i want a g6 of my own, but don't want to part with either scx10 I have.so I barter a trade of my spawn for a slightly used g6.so now I have 3 scx10's.when my "dealer"(usps worker) arrived yesterday with another "package" from cali', he/she asked my wife if I we knew someone in cali', since we receive soo many "packages" from there?she just laughed, and said yes.(my g6 just came from cali', and I get "packages" from rpp almost weekly), though none this week? I must be getting better, or forgot to order something this week?either way, i'm sure the usual route will be re-opened, as I being to upgrade my latest arrival.so, I guess what i'm trying to say is, I have a problem, I can't/won't seem to make it stop, and I see no relief in sight.soo my "distributor"(rpp) wll be sending me more "packages", i'm sure ssd will take away more of my money,(thanks for throwing the whole $50 a set scx axle housing thing at me, because now I will have to buy 3 sets).and i'm almost positive I need at least 1 more set of assassin wheels, if not 2 so all 3 scx10's will match.so, very long story short, I have a problem.i openly admit it, and i'm wondering if others with the same problem will step up, and tell their story.don't leave me hanging, I know you're out there.well, for now, thank you for reading my ramblings.and don't be afraid to step up, and be heard.remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step.(this story is a work of fiction(somewhat), meant to entertain, and help others(the doctor says opening up, and trying to help others will help with the healing)).so once again thank you, uh, oh yeah, jim.(not my actual name, so don't be afraid to make one up, but don't use jim.)-(and if you'r name is jim, sorry, pick another one). the end, for now?
I'm thinking of taking up drinking again...
'cause reading this single paragraph makes my eyes bleed anyways

Midwest - Indiana at RCCrawler.com
TacoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

hello, and welcome "bob".thanks for joining in.good to see other's can admit when they have a problem.that's quite a list you have there, and I must admit I did leave some out, to make myself feel better.i also had a brushless slash 4x4 running 3s.it was stupid fast, and I realized I should sell it before it became a money pit.i also have a cliff climber I found hidden in the closet I forgot I had.i bought it, tore it apart, added b.b.'s, all metal tranny gears,aluminum hexes, and then put it in a box.never even drove it.this was back when I had my first honcho, and decided I wanted to build a 1.9 moa crawler.you can see where that went.after I sold the honcho I briefly dabbled with a Tamiya ta02 that I made a drifter, and had enough spare parts to build another.ended up selling both of those to a buddy and his son.i also currently have a la trax sst truck.i put the ae ball diffs' in the f&r, and bought a lipo for it.it's fun, but every time I look at it I see money I could put into one of my scx10's.
flatfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
its ok your getting older

than dirt
...possibly I make dirt look fresh

but I'm not so senile that I can't comprehend
that this idle emo chit chat doesn't belong in this folder

facebook or twitter would be more akin or subject to

I'd say "General Crawlers" or "Newbie General"
would be better suited for this idle emo chit chat.
...but wouldn't want those poor souls tortured either

However...
I did pick my nose and scratch my butt once last week

I should post that on twitter...
but I deplore that emo "make me feel good" crap.
TacoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

oh there was a Twin Hammers that I bought and hated having to shift it, it never shifted right, and I didn't like how it handled, so it was around for about 2 months then sold, oh some where around here is my 84 or 85 Associated RC10 with the original Gold Pan and the original mechanical speed control, I worked my ass off one summer and saved enough money to buy a RC10 with bearings and some upgrades and a Futaba Magnum Sport Junior Radio system that came with receiver, servo's, battery pack , it still works and is also around here too

that how it started, I instantly loved building the RC10 kit and I impressed the neighbor kids, so much that they had me build a Grasshopper, Frog, Subaru Brat, a Lunch Box, and a lot of repairs, they'd buy the parts, I'd replace them for a nominal fee

and they all had the same mechanical speed controls except for the RC10, different style but the throttle still stuck wide open and head right for the sewer drain like XXXXXXX magic every time, and the servo's needed a separate battery back cause they were 4.8 volt and it would be fun when the started going low and it would be exit stage right

I used to know old school Tamiya's and the old school RC10 and had at lot of fun with them, and they took a lot of abuse and parts where cheap then, the Rc10 is better sitting there not used then upgraded and never used cause I would not want to break the original parts and if you upgrade the motor and esc, you then drive it like a idiot cause now you can

Last edited by kgb424; 07-20-2015 at 06:28 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:01 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Why isn't this in Chit-Chat?
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote

crawlers anonymous - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anonymous strikes again! NeXt559 Chit Chat 7 09-23-2008 09:25 AM
anonymous eBay warning... radishkid Chit Chat 4 03-12-2005 09:30 AM