Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Couple issues with my custom scx10 based rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2015, 04:31 PM   #1

Default Couple issues with my custom scx10 based rig

I have a scx10 with yota axles and a cms panhard 3link front now Im having 2 main issues. First off when the suspension compresses even by hand i get it wanting to turn the front tires toward the chassis mount side of the panhard. I can only assume its a length issue of some sort with the panhard? Secondly i get no steering sitting still however it turns fine while it is traveling. My only guess here is its either binding or more logically the servo isnt strong enough. Its a hitec but i do not remember which and it has no label anymore. Ill try to post some pictures tomorrow if that might help?
corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Couple issues with my custom scx10 based rig

The first issue you describe is called "bump steer". When your pan hard bar and steering link are at different angles or different lengths, this happens.
If your caster is not at the correct angle your previously adequate servo will not have enough torque.
Both are very common problems associated with a cms.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #3

So what would be the fixes for these issues id assume adjusting length of panhard? it lays parallel with steering linkage at full compression which i thought was correct? and ill throw a gauge to the tires tonight to see what im looking at there.
corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The pan hard and steering links need to be the same length and parallel throughout suspension movement. to eliminate bump steer. If either one of the links are different, there will be bump steer. The severity of the bumpsteer will depend on how far off your lengths are off, and how far away from parallel your links are.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote