Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: What did you do with your scx10??

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2015, 08:06 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default What did you do with your scx10??

This is my scx10 bronco.

Aluminum links

Steel gears

4 link front and rear

55t

2s 4000mah ae-5

Pitbull rockbeast on axial 8 hole wheel

Edit: new front shocks!

Last edited by Bmxreeves; 09-11-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2015, 06:14 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default What did you do with your scx10??

Got angry at the JK so I pulled out the trusty unused honcho.

Beep Beep Beep Bee Bop Boop Beep
Old 09-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What did you do with your scx10??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxreeves View Post
Nice.

Proline really needs to bring back the CGR bodies, they would sell a lot better now than I'm sure they did when they were originally released.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

To prevent this thread going Facebooklike with lots of flexpic's etc. Just one pic.
To answer the question in words:
I've build them. Both the G6 and the Rubicon. Made presentation pics and a showcase video of them whilst brandnew and scratchless. Then i started driving them to hell and back. As soon as they came back, i've send them out again.
Rubicon: running dual Novak Terra Claw's 35T with both 16t pinions on a metal 87 spur (no clutch, fixed). Lifted the chassis with 105mm GMade Zero's. Replaced the front 3 link by a 4 link. Running steel driveshafts. Running 2.2 RC4Wd Dick Cepec's mud countries. Hated them at first. But after many miles and plenty of usage they get better and better. They outperform my mudslingers with ease... Powered by 2S. Never felt the urge to go 3S.

G6. Running single Novak Terra claw 35T, 15t pinion on 87 metal spur. Also no slipperclutch. Installed a liftkit because of the (at first) installed 2.2 Proline flatIrons. This is my workbeast and has seen way too much action. Survived lot's of rollovers (some 33 feet on hard rock). Stood parked in the sea (salt) for a photosession and survived it (except for the tirefoams). Still - they survived all the abuse - running the stock Wildboar drive shafts... Has been submerged more often then an average SSN-774 class submarine .
A picture of her in full action decorates my livingroom in honour of, size 4 feet wide .

Old 09-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Nice.

Proline really needs to bring back the CGR bodies, they would sell a lot better now than I'm sure they did when they were originally released.
Yes they do. I got this the week before they stopped making them
love the old broncos!
Old 09-11-2015, 01:44 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFoDes View Post
To prevent this thread going Facebooklike with lots of flexpic's etc. Just one pic.
To answer the question in words:
I've build them. Both the G6 and the Rubicon. Made presentation pics and a showcase video of them whilst brandnew and scratchless. Then i started driving them to hell and back. As soon as they came back, i've send them out again.
Rubicon: running dual Novak Terra Claw's 35T with both 16t pinions on a metal 87 spur (no clutch, fixed). Lifted the chassis with 105mm GMade Zero's. Replaced the front 3 link by a 4 link. Running steel driveshafts. Running 2.2 RC4Wd Dick Cepec's mud countries. Hated them at first. But after many miles and plenty of usage they get better and better. They outperform my mudslingers with ease... Powered by 2S. Never felt the urge to go 3S.

G6. Running single Novak Terra claw 35T, 15t pinion on 87 metal spur. Also no slipperclutch. Installed a liftkit because of the (at first) installed 2.2 Proline flatIrons. This is my workbeast and has seen way too much action. Survived lot's of rollovers (some 33 feet on hard rock). Stood parked in the sea (salt) for a photosession and survived it (except for the tirefoams). Still - they survived all the abuse - running the stock Wildboar drive shafts... Has been submerged more often then an average SSN-774 class submarine .
A picture of her in full action decorates my livingroom in honour of, size 4 feet wide .

Looks Very good. What axles are those? The WB drive shafts are strong for what they are.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:47 PM   #7

Built some homemade link tabs....homemade acle tube inserts and getting ready to fab a new front stinger. Smaller then the one on her now

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2015, 01:56 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxreeves View Post
Looks Very good. What axles are those? The WB drive shafts are strong for what they are.
Stock Axials... however, i have been giving my sponsor my most Droopy alike look for getting some of these sweet Boomracing Axles. But these Axials hold up pretty good.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

What did we do with this thread today?

What did you do to you SCX-10 today?
Old 09-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by (redbeard) View Post

why 2 threads? I know, right?
Old 09-14-2015, 08:43 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Made some custom rock sliders for my scx 10 blazer
Old 09-14-2015, 08:48 PM   #12
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by (redbeard) View Post

Exactly. This thread is redundant and locked.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:06 AM   #13

I bought the axial g6 I didn't do much to it at first I just drove until something broke. The first thing I noticed was the steering linkages real flexible and weak as well as the suspension linkage. Somebody posted a video on here and I watch a guy make his suspension linkage out of all thread rod and aluminum tubing. I decided I wanted to do the same thing instead of aluminum tubing I used 8/32 all thread rod and 7/32 x .014 brass tubing. While I had everything tore apart I went ahead and took the steering linkage off and made a new steering arm and servo arm. I also removed the wishbone from the front axle removed the connector on the axle. In the spare parts bag was another linkage connector for the rear axle, I put it on the front axle and made new linkage arms for those it now has true four link suspension front and back. The only other thing I've done to mine is strapped a couple of LiPo batteries to the sides put all the electronics in a small electronics box located above the steering servo. I'm thinking my next step is to go with a waterproof ESC and a decent motor and transmission upgrade. Then the I want to get a body and some 2.2 wheels and tires. It was awesome to take it apart and build something with my own two hands to put it back together better than before.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

What did you do with your scx10?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie. Ordered CRC ScX10 rtr and SCX10 jeep kit. Mattdaddy1974 Axial SCX-10 15 07-11-2015 02:50 PM