Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Need some help with my son's custom truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Need some help with my son's custom truck

So my son (3) really loves cars/trucks and my R/C's so about a year ago I got my old AX10 up and running, and he is now getting to drive it and he is getting pretty good at it. He isn't into rock crawling yet, we are just driving in an open field while he gets used to driving, so I have made it into a big bouncy monster truck. So I wanted to make it cooler since he always wants to drive my wraith with the lights, driver etc. Got a giant body, the proline F-150 raptor for the T-maxx, its 19.5" long and my wife painted it up beautiful - better than most of the bodies I have done over the years.

So what I want to do is convert to the SCX10 frame rails, AX 30525 - which after a quick search seems to be 16 1/4" - then add the axial front AX80039A and axial rear AX80039B bumpers with some light buckets/leds. Will these even be close to 19.5 inches or will I have to fab some plates or some sort of extensions? Is there such a thing as a longer frame, if I am buying from scratch. From the pictures that's kinda what it looks like, that I will end up with about a 17" from bumper to bumper, and that won't work.

Another question would be getting some sort of interior in there?

Not too concerned with wheelbase, I have lots of different lengths and will fine tune that with the new chassis, I have had to modify damn near everything, fabricate the rest.
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Need some help with my son's custom truck

I extended the rear of my chassis with 1/2"x 1/8" aluminum strap on my wife's hilux. It would then be a simple matter of drilling the proper holes for the rear bumper mount.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Need some help with my son's custom truck

I did the same on my 1/6 Jeep, but I used 1/8 x 1/2 x 4" steel strap, with the last 1/2" at the end bent for bolting up the custom bumper I made.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote

Need some help with my son's custom truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Son's custom stroller Metal Masher Chit Chat 37 06-15-2015 08:23 AM
Scx10 custom us army truck and custom scx10 d90 landrover marc323 Videos! 2 08-09-2014 03:51 AM
Custom truck help! mudrinner4ever Tamiya TLT Crawlers 1 10-11-2005 04:45 PM