Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Suspension link help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2015, 04:33 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Suspension link help please

I'm running into a snag with my basket case scx10 project I bought. I'm putting it together with the used parts that it came with and I think I've got the wrong length suspension links. When I use the links I've got the pinion facing downward big time. I guess it would be helpful if I could get some measurments of your links on a complete running properly set up rig to help me make my own or just buy the right ones.

The only measurment I've got for now is it is 10.5" from center of shock tower to center of shock tower. I'm using a 2 door proline body and forgot to measure its wheelbase but the shock towers are where I want them to be. I think my lower links are too long and the tops are pretty close. I'm a total noob and any help would be great. Thanks!
Ben

Last edited by Itali83; 10-21-2015 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2015, 05:15 AM   #2
SSD
RCC Addict

Default Re: Suspension like help please

Need to know your wheelbase really...

A photo of your truck from the side with the body on would also help,
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:14 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Im gonna take a guess that its a proline 2 door wrangler body? If so its a 11.8 wheelbase. I would go with a 12 wb link kit and do some trimming to body if necessary. Work from your wheelbase first then adjust your shock towers if adjustment is available and needed. Need a little more feedback.
rdearolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:15 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If your building your own links then set your wheelbase up with the lowers and make the uppers according to pinion angle needed
Old 10-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #5
RCC Addict

It is a proline 2 door jeep. I'll measure the body for wheel base tonight to double check it. That makes sence about start with lowers and make uppers to get pinion angle.

Also I've got 101mm axial aluminum bent lower control arms that came with it. I'll try those first to see if that gets me the wheel base because those are better than the straight lowers I have too. Does the 101mm sound like the right length for the 12" ish wheel base I'm looking for? Lots of questions with not much info I know but I appreciate your help!
Ben
Old 10-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

If im not mistaken the 101mm are usually used on the ax10. With the scx10 skid it would probably put you around 12.5 to 13" wb. Best bet is to get a link kit for 12" wb. Preferably a kit that uses a revo style rodend as most hobby shop keep them in stock and there pretty durable
Old 10-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #7
RCC Addict

That is probably true. I'm finding out more and more that this was just completely tossed together with whatever was laying around so it would look good on ebay but be a pile in person. Live and learn on my part, I'm just trying to make it right. Thanks for your help and I'll get some more measurments and ideas tonight. Thanks!
Ben
Old 10-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Suspension link help please

No problem, if its just links, no big deal. Better off going through them to know it has a trust worthy set on it. Nothing worse then having a rod end strip out or crack.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:57 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Default Re: Suspension link help please

I measured my body and I came up with 11.5" wheelbase, best eyeball figure with a tape measure. Good news it that all of my links are too long so I can cut and tap them to length. I'm going to need to go to 4 link front and rear though because the 3 link yokes that I have, the angle of them make the arms not line up with the width of the frame at the engine cradle if that makes any sense.

Sorry for no pictures, can't figure it out on my smart phone but I appreciate your help!
Ben

Suspension link help please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspension help Harleyx2 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 03-24-2015 12:35 PM
Suspension? iCrawl_Sometimes RC4WD Trail Finder 2 3 05-05-2012 09:52 PM
suspension fordlightning + jeep Newbie General 13 04-28-2011 12:51 PM
rustler suspension arms versus bandit suspension arms... STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER Non Crawler RC's 5 08-30-2010 11:05 AM
AX-10 Suspension sgcrawler Newbie General 3 05-25-2008 05:28 AM