Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Parts Bin Special

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Parts Bin Special

Here's a little SCX10 parts bin special I whipped up to play with on a snowy day. It turned out to be a stupid amount of fun, so I thought I'd share. I built this to be wide, light and have good wheelspeed for playing in deep Colorado powder snow.

It's an SCX10 Dingo kit with an open front diff and a locked rear. It's running 2.2 Axial Krawler tires on Axial Trail Ready Beadlocks with the wide offsets front and rear. The rear tires have been dually'ed by zip tying the wheels together and running a bead of hot glue around the rims. Under the hood it's running a Traxxas Velineon motor hooked up to a Castle Sidewinder 3 ESC. The truck is geared 14/87, runs a cheap Turnigy servo up front and Traxxas XXL Big Bore shocks with Losi black springs all around. She's topped off with an Axial B-17 body from my first gen AX-10.

A 2200mAh 3s lipo powers everything and there are battery trays front and rear so I can run a battery in either location. I normally run the battery up front to put a little more weight on the front tires, but in the deep snow I'll run it in the back to keep the front from digging in.

Handling wise, it's a handful! Punch the throttle and the front end lifts off the ground with ease. Once it gets some speed the short wheelbase makes it really unsteady and it pushes through turns like a cargo ship. It floats over deep snow that anything else I own would get stuck on and when you punch the throttle all six wheels spin up to warp speed and snow flies everywhere!

Now on to the pictures!

You can see the battery sticking out the back in this shot, it was a snow day today so I've got the weight in the rear to keep the front from digging in and getting stuck.

Flex shot, or it didn't happen...

RMNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2015, 10:37 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Parts Bin Special

how DARE you not post a video!

Very cool build!
onebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebullet View Post
how DARE you not post a video!

Very cool build!
I'll try to get one up, trying to drive this beast with gloves on and work a camera at the same time is going to be fun for sure!
RMNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:47 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMNixon View Post
I'll try to get one up, trying to drive this beast with gloves on and work a camera at the same time is going to be fun for sure!
well they make tripods for that.... and duct tape!
onebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

That thing is a BEAST!!!
Osteo is offline   Reply With Quote

Parts Bin Special - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parts Bin Clod Wade Mega/Monster Trucks 1 11-15-2015 02:57 PM
Parts Bin Puller TwistedXT Non Crawler RC's 5 07-17-2010 11:14 AM