Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New Hitech HS- 7955tg ultra torque digital servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New Hitech HS- 7955tg ultra torque digital servo

Am I able to run it right out of the box? Or do I need to program it before use? I didn't realize I needed a programer for it.... I have a castle creations 10 amp Bec to install if need be, I'm also waiting on my holmes hobbies esc with a built in bec to come in before hooking up the castle Bec... any input is greatly appreciated thanks fellas

Last edited by Honcho907; 04-01-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Honcho907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Hitech HS- 7955tg ultra torque digital servo

Yes you can run it OOB. No programmer necessary. Just make sure to set your end points. And Yes you will need your CC BEC
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:52 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Nice choice. It is ready to run right out of the box. If you haven't, you should invest in a good clamping servo horn. The Axial 24t works great.

I would install the BEC no matter which ESC you go with. You shouldn't need a programmer for it if you are using it to steer your crawler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sammy J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:58 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=Sammy J.;5478402]Nice choice. It is ready to run right out of the box. If you haven't, you should invest in a good clamping servo horn. The Axial 24t works great.

I would install the BEC no matter which ESC you go with. You shouldn't need a programmer for it if you are using it to steer your

It will primarily be used on my crawler, I am completely new to this stuff but totally addicted...I have the said clamping servo horn and am a little nervous about wiring it all up,since never having done this before, any pointers? I've watched many youtube videos but still hesitant
Old 04-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck View Post
Yes you can run it OOB. No programmer necessary. Just make sure to set your end points. And Yes you will need your CC BEC
I'm using my stock axail transmitter that came with the RTR Rig... I bought my truck used so it didn't come with the binding pin or anything of the sort or parts bag... any pointers on how to set end points using my stock radio
Old 04-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I run that servo (among other Hitecs) it will run fine out of the box.

However, depending on how much "tinkering" you like to do there are being its to owning a servo programmer.

I'm way OCD though. I use the servo programmer to set up my steering so that my TX has zero sub trim and/or trim and I set end point with the programmer as well.

You can also change how much travel the servo has (up to 180°), the speed, refine it frequency (good for helis, not so much for cars and trucks), set a fail safe mode and test servos.
Dwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:44 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill View Post

However, depending on how much "tinkering" you like to do there are being its to owning a servo programmer.

I'm way OCD though. I use the servo programmer to set up my steering so that my TX has zero sub trim and/or trim and I set end point with the programmer as well.

You can also change how much travel the servo has (up to 180°), the speed, refine it frequency (good for helis, not so much for cars and trucks), set a fail safe mode and test servos.
I love "tinkering" except when it "tinkers" back! Trying to stick calibrate it sucks I kept getting lost in the sequences. What is a good programmer to buy? Thanks for the info
Old 04-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill View Post

I love "tinkering" except when it "tinkers" back! Trying to stick calibrate it sucks I kept getting lost in the sequences. What is a good programmer to buy? Thanks for the info
Old 04-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #9

The Axial receiver can only handle 6v maximum. In order to take full advantage of the servo you'll need to run 7.4v to it. Here's a wiring diagram to follow. You won't need a programmer no need to waste your money. Be sure to set the servo end points or be prepared to replace that expensive servo or other steering parts frequently.

Also here's another top tip for you. I do like the Hitec servos, have used them for many years. You should look at the Solar D772 for less than $25 it's a great servo. I run one on a Summit and one on an E Maxx and really don't see the need to spend $80+ for a servo anymore.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Redbone; 04-02-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Redbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:54 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honcho907 View Post
For a Hitec servo you'll need to buy one of the two available Hitec servo programmers. I can't remember the Model number but I have the less expensive one. Neither are very expensive though, I think the one I have was like $20.00 or so.

You'll need a battery pack to power it and the servo, a USB cable and a Windows computer if you get the one I have. The good news is the software is a free download.

If I'm not mistaken the more expensive one will do the programming without a laptop. But don't hold me to that. Both are on the Hitec website.
Dwill is offline   Reply With Quote

New Hitech HS- 7955tg ultra torque digital servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JR DS8711 Ultra Torque SX Digital Servo topdog909 Electronics 12 08-20-2008 11:57 PM
JR DS8711 ULTRA TORQUE SX SERVO 403oz/in TORQUE 51504rock Electronics 1 06-12-2007 06:07 PM