Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Project, Lime Crusher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Project, Lime Crusher

It started its life as a DeadBolt. I'm working on making it into a comp type rig for my local course. My Son liked the green color and named it "Lime".

Mods so far,
Jevne Racing Plate
STRC front hubs and knuckles
Axial 1.9 Beadlocks
ProLine Swamper XL's
HR link set to 12.3"
Axial aluminum steering linkage
Mirrored transmission(may switch back)

Any questions, comments or helpful hints are welcome. I'm a newbie to crawling so I'll take whatever I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truckmechanic304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Project, Lime Crusher

Looks like it's coming along well. What class will it be in? Have you made it through reading the long tips & tricks thread? Would a small lipo fit under the plate where the esc is?
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:25 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Looks like you got the right ideas already, its coming along just fine. I would check out some Crawler Innovations foams for the tires, they got a whole page full of them on RPP Hobby. Go by the weight of your vehicle and the height of your tires. I run the closed cell because my rigs so heavy. People that run the dual foams usually run soft in the front and medium in the rear. But you can't go wrong with any CI product, its so much better than the stuff that comes in the kit, good luck.
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Looks like it's coming along well. What class will it be in? Have you made it through reading the long tips & tricks thread? Would a small lipo fit under the plate where the esc is?

I read through the the thread as I get time. It's helped a lot!

I'm unsure on what class currently. It's a new place and opening day is next Saturday.

I'm unsure on the Lipo but it does spark some interest. If may be a good place!
Old 04-03-2016, 06:42 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
Looks like you got the right ideas already, its coming along just fine. I would check out some Crawler Innovations foams for the tires, they got a whole page full of them on RPP Hobby. Go by the weight of your vehicle and the height of your tires. I run the closed cell because my rigs so heavy. People that run the dual foams usually run soft in the front and medium in the rear. But you can't go wrong with any CI product, its so much better than the stuff that comes in the kit, good luck.

I've been looking at their foams. I'm still building so and trying tires. Once I get dialed in I'm gonna get some.

Project, Lime Crusher - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Jeep BRUTE - Project ORANGE CRUSHER - MAINE CRAWLING PHOTOS !!! Jeepin-Paul 1.9 Scale Rigs 65 02-18-2013 10:01 PM
My boat project "Lime Disease" Hoosierdady Non Crawler RC's 14 07-20-2012 02:30 PM
Project F350 Quad Cab Extreme "Bowtie Crusher" Eviltwin_52s 2.2 Scale Rigs 5 04-01-2007 10:31 AM