Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Project Warpaint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2016, 11:40 PM   #1

Default Project Warpaint

This was my 1 to 1 Jeep. I want to build something that mirrors it as best I can.
I have a pretty good budget for it. Even if I spend a fortune on it, it won't cost a fraction of what a full size runs. Plus if I roll it down a cliff I don't die in the process.
Opinions are welcome and flames are too. LOL Looking forward to the challenge and fun of RC Cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFnfwyH1B44
Gunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Project Warpaint

Nice ride,

Evidently Axial no longer has their JKU's anymore, even though they still show up on their website, but that's not to say you can't find them on ebay, craigslist or the local hobby shop. You could settle for either SCX-10 that is available, or an Ascender, and purchase a JKU body from ProLine.

Good luck on your project, and working through your medical issues.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:58 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Nice rig. Where was that video shot at?
jedrattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #4

Oh I bought a Currie SCX10 already. Thats my starting point. I found a Proline JKU body that looks promising too.
I ordered an Axial steel 3 gear set for the trans today. Also new steel spur and pinion gears. This is so much fun.

Thanks.. Seal Beach. At a place called Rivers End. It is a restaurant on the beach.

Last edited by THX_138; 11-30-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #5

So today I spent the morning in the woodshop here. I had a sweet block of Tulip Wood. I cut 2 pieces about 6 inches long and sanded them into the shape of old Hawaiian Long boards. Now I have to finish shape them and shape the skegs. Mount them and then a nice coat of Urethane and some surf decals. Some small board mounts and tiny bungies to hold them to the roll cage. First cosmetic mod. I did buy all steel gears for the trans and new steel pinion and spur grass in 20/80. I want a new Motor and ESC for it. An XTM60 brushless without vents or a Castle. We run a lot of sand dunes here and the brushed motor seemed to not like the dust. It got real noisy. I am looking for more wheel speed on the dunes so I am thinking maybe a 3900KV. The plan is to buy a RC4WD 2 speed trans which will have a 5 to 1 low and a 1,75 in high. That way I can still crawl or hit the dunes. I will post some pictures when I get the membership thing done.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:27 PM   #6

Bought a Castle SCT 3800 combo with the field card today, and just ordered the RC4WD trans. I am starting to make some progress finally.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #7

Got the Castle 3800 mounted to the RC4WD 2 speed today.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2017, 06:07 PM   #8

Got it in and mounted but I find that i'm going to have to mount it reversed to get the driveshafts right. I am also going to make some high clearance suspension links unless you guys have a good recommendation on a kit with all the links. I want to go to a full 4 link with matching steering shafts. Any recommendations.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner1 View Post
Oh I bought a Currie SCX10 already. Thats my starting point. I found a Proline JKU body that looks promising too.
I ordered an Axial steel 3 gear set for the trans today. Also new steel spur and pinion gears. This is so much fun.

Thanks.. Seal Beach. At a place called Rivers End. It is a restaurant on the beach.
I'd use the axial body over the Proline. Would be much easier to paint because the fenders come off. You can use the Vanquish Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers and paint those red, those bolt on the Axial not the Proline
HarmlessMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:56 PM   #10

Project is back on track. I bought some Hot Racing Arms and RC4WD Raceline Beadlocks. Those are going to be painted with a red trim and leave the billet polished as well as the bolts. I also bought a set of Baja Claws. Those look really nice. This thing crawls so slow in 5 to 1. And it will flip over backwards in high if you just whomp the throttle. I'll post up some pictures. I also bought MIP driveshafts. I have replaced the shocks on my top end car and used the stock adjustable coil over shocks off a Platinum SCTruck on the Rubicon. Much bigger diameter and a lot more travel. I had them and they are gonna work. I'll need to tune them with springs and shock oil but that is easy.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:26 PM   #11

First wheel is done. I kinda like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-25-2017, 04:59 PM   #12

Sweet, Where is the rest of the project. Are you not going to finish it up?
Slashrcgeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Project Warpaint - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warpaint Scores blue10 Arizona 1 03-09-2013 08:36 AM
warpaint 7 am tommorow strap624 Arizona 1 10-21-2011 11:48 PM
Some warpaint photos: strap624 Arizona 2 09-19-2011 08:38 AM
Warpaint Tonight 9-16 owtdorz Arizona 20 09-17-2011 11:30 PM
warpaint? robbio4422 Arizona 3 04-08-2010 09:46 PM