Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Shocks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016, 09:27 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Shocks...

So i've been slowly getting this truck ready for a local comp coming up. It will be my first and i've owned this truck for quite some time. It's been through its fair of changes and i think i've figured out the route i'm going The truck is basically stock with a few tweaks here and there. Its 4 link front and back now with axial parts got some big mudslinger tires on gmade steelies. TSS chassis i just put on (which made the biggest difference) and a 45t rc4wd motor. Topped it off with my proline blazer body. I haven't really run the truck at all just on some small rocks and dirt around the house so i'm really not 100% of its current performance but i know the next thing i want to look into is replacing the stock shocks. I wanted to go a more scale look so i looked into the gmade g transition shocks and ended up ordering a set. They turned out to be not at all what i wanted for the truck. To tall and not enough travel So before i blow my money on more shocks (which i think i'll hold off until after the comp now) what shocks should i be looking in to? I want a tube shock to look more realistic but at this point i don't think i'll find one that will hold the weight of the truck and look scale to me. So i'm more open in my search now and curious as to what others are running with success on their rigs?
Quick picture of how its sits right now which is quite a bit taller than stock almost think i need some droop?
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Shocks...

I have had very good luck with the Pro-line Powerstroke Scaler shocks. They come with multiple springs and are easily tunable with different weight shock oil.
old_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:07 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Low COG FTW.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:09 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

There was a thread a while back a guy picked up these super cheap China shocks and they worked great for him. I can't find it now but a couple other people posted about how they liked them as well.

4pcs 100mm Aluminum Adjustable Shocks Set for 1 10 RC Axial CC01 D90 SCX10 Blue | eBay
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Proline Scalers and drop that thing some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truckmechanic304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:37 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

RC4WD king 100mm or RC4WD RRD 100mm shocks. Prolines are only 95mm max.
triggerhapy is offline   Reply With Quote