Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Offset hubs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #1

Default Offset hubs?

Inspired by stonecold's build, I'm building a 1.9 KOH Rock Racer- a Yeti cage mounted to a SCX10 chassis. In its current stance, there's definitely going to be some tire/cage rub in the rear. The XR wide mod would definitely take care of that- but it's costly. I have some Incision wheels, wondering about just getting thicker hubs? Am I correct in assuming a thicker hub would put more stress on the axle stub? Since I'll be bashing the crap out of it?
Old 01-25-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Offset hubs?

The wider the offset hubs you use will put more strain on the servo and increase scrub radius.

VP Hubs
RC Accessories - 1.9 Beadlock Wheels - SLW Hubs ( Axial ) - Vanquish Products

Scrub Radius:
Scrub radius is the distance on the ground from the center of tread of the tire to the point where a line drawn through the kingpins would touch the ground. Here is a diagram (not one that I made) that describes scrub radius:
RC Crawler Steering
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Offset hubs? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GiveAway!!! Custom Anodized Shift Hubs (Adjustable Offset Hubs) By Lattice Innovation BC-Brian General Crawlers 116 05-17-2014 08:24 AM
GiveAway!!! Custom Anodized Shift Hubs (Adjustable Offset Hubs) By Lattice Innovation BC-Brian General Crawlers 126 02-14-2014 01:03 AM
GiveAway!! Custom Anodized Shift Hubs (Adjustable offset Hubs) by Lattice Innovation BC-Brian General Crawlers 118 06-18-2013 05:39 PM
hubs offset? crawler_jake RC4WD Bully 5 11-25-2011 08:21 AM