Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New SCX10 trnasmission?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default New SCX10 trnasmission?

Quote:
Scale looks on the outside, genuine Axial gears on the inside! The SCX10™ transmission received a design makeover with special attention paid towards aesthetics by mimicking a real transmission with a bell housing, oil pan and a 4X4 transfer case! And that’s just the beginning. By sitting the transfer case lower into the chassis and centering the driveshafts with the axle input housings, Axial has created a more efficient driveline with better driveshaft angles which puts less stress on moving parts. Better driveshaft angles coupled with hi-pinion axles IS scale realism backed with performance. Also includes full set of ball bearings and ALL METAL INTERNAL GEARS for strength and durability.

• Transfer case design helps keep the driveshafts centered and as low as possible in the chassis

• Final drive ratio range 33.69 – 54.15 with available spur - pinion gear combinations

• Comes with 56T spur gear and 15T pinion / 32-pitch for durability

• ALL METAL INTERNAL GEARS for strength and durability

• Final drive ratio (FDR) 40.44 with a range from 33.69 - 54.15 - Original SCX10 was 33.06

• Scale looks mimics a full size transmission and transfer case
What's this all about? After though? Lets market some scx10ii parts to the scx10 crowd.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2017, 01:01 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New SCX10 trnasmission?

That is just the gearbox from the scx10-2 kit
Sjonnie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The gear box from my scx10II CRC looks nothing like that, if anything mine resembles the old transmissions, but with a new exterior.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:58 AM   #4

excuse me for being a super noob here, but what it seems like 90% of parts on the 10.2 fit on the old 10...is that about true? I'm new to the scene, my scx10 will be here tuesday
DarthBacon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #5

It still kills me that it doesn't have a metal motor plate.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:16 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

The kit is the one with the new transmission, it’s the 2-speed transmission case (must purchase 2-speed kit to complete), it also requires a specific motor/skid plate. The battery has changed locations in the scx10 II, it’s in the front now. They also come with CMS (chassis mounted servo). I do believe that the chassis rail retained their original shape, but a few more holes were drilled in the rear to accommodate moving the rear shocks as to allow for more wheelbase choices, and no they don’t include extra link parts to complete any wheelbase changes, or rather I didn’t see any link spacers parts in my extra parts bag.

I’m technically not suppose to know any of this, but I snoop around at Christmas, and found a scx10 II CRC edition hiding in the floor joists of my crawl space. Before anyone asks my crawl space is a 4’ tall room under my kitchen/dining room, and not a cute name for an outdoor RC track.

Last edited by Alexander_0_1; 12-22-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:35 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
The gear box from my scx10II CRC looks nothing like that, if anything mine resembles the old transmissions, but with a new exterior.
Your CRC isn't a KIT. Axial has 3 different transmissions (4 if you count the plastic geared Honcho transmission) going into 10.2s now and only the kit has this huge "2 speed capable" transmission.

This is most likely only be easily compatible with the 10.2 unless you want to do a lot of modification to your scx10 to fit it. I think you'd need the extra crossmember, new links, and skid plate. You would probably need to figure out a different way to mount your battery as well.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

My buddy got a kit, I’m going to have to ask him to bring it over to ma house so I can compare the two.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:28 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Your CRC isn't a KIT. Axial has 3 different transmissions (4 if you count the plastic geared Honcho transmission) going into 10.2s now and only the kit has this huge "2 speed capable" transmission.

This is most likely only be easily compatible with the 10.2 unless you want to do a lot of modification to your scx10 to fit it. I think you'd need the extra crossmember, new links, and skid plate. You would probably need to figure out a different way to mount your battery as well.
What are they? I thought only the “old” trans and this new 2-speed capable job. What’s the 3rd one?
number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
What are they? I thought only the “old” trans and this new 2-speed capable job. What’s the 3rd one?
The new JK has a new transmission housing and motor mount setup with all steel gears. The new Honcho will use the same housing but have the plastic idler gear. Cherokee RTR has the old style trans, Cherokee kit has the big 2 speed capable trans.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:48 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
The new JK has a new transmission housing and motor mount setup with all steel gears. The new Honcho will use the same housing but have the plastic idler gear. Cherokee RTR has the old style trans, Cherokee kit has the big 2 speed capable trans.
Ahhh ok, didn’t realize that. Thanks for the info!
number9 is offline   Reply With Quote

New SCX10 trnasmission? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial SCX10 ll, SCX10, Gmade Sawback 4LS, Vaterra Ascender K5 From Malaysia. RCWin Videos! 2 12-01-2016 08:23 AM
Newbie. Ordered CRC ScX10 rtr and SCX10 jeep kit. Mattdaddy1974 Axial SCX-10 15 07-11-2015 02:50 PM